If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hooray you guys ready for this?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

dreamcatchinglady Find out more about dreamcatchinglady
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooray you guys ready for this?

Hello everybody. I apologize for being away from the board for a while. But I have been unable to get on for a big reason. The evening of September 30th I got the phone call for my heart. My doctor told me it wasn' t a drill and that I needed to come to Brigham and women's hospital asap. So I went in with my parents and then the next morning on October 1st they started operating on me at 2:30 am.Eight hours later I woke up with breathing tubes in the icu and my hands were tied down. I could only wiggle my fingers but I looked at my mom and she knew I wanted those tubes out.Three hours later they were out. I am glad I don't remember anything the anesthesiologists asked me where I wanted to go and I told them Hawaiia and they said Okay you are going there. I was so scared and didn't think I was going to live through the surgery.
    I think it is all still sinking in. I am so happy and relieved the surgery is over and that I don't have to fret about. But my heart felt prayers go to the donor and his family. All I know is that I got it from a young male don't know anything else.I am in a lot of pain in my chest from the incision site and I am hobbling around with a cane that the hospital physical therapist suggested I use.
    Even with this pain which is a 7 or 8 every day I am trying to be wonderwoman and I am wearing myself out. I think I am partly going crazy because I want to go out of the house and adventure though I am not strong enough yet. We have big stairs at home and I am now realizing how hard they are.I had plans for october which now I guess Will have to be sadly cancelled. But then again maybe next year I might be able to climb mountains. My goal is to go to boston for fun rather than doc's appts. before my b-day but my docs are warning and saying flu season. I guess sometimes I just want too much.I apologize for rambling. I would love to talk to everyone here. Thanks for all your thoughts. Heart transplant October 1,2005. I came home Wednesday. Lots of clinic appointments and biopsies. First biopsy so far no rejection woohooo that was on tuesday.
    Kimberly K. Plaster

Big huge Congratulations!!

What a wild ride and a great deal of celebration to you and your family for the next chapter on your journey!!

My prayers are with you for a continued recovery. My prayers also go out to the donor family for the great life saving gift they have offered you and your family!

Blessings,
    Sharon

Comment

All right! Great news! Your wait is finally over!!!! I was wondering just yesterday if something might have happened for you.

Listen to your docs and don't try to over do it!

Rob
      --Living life on the edge .. of a continent!
      Charter member: Tinman Club

Comment

Congrats!!! I'm so very happy for you!

Reenie
        Reenie

Husband has HCM.
        3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I am so very very happy for you!!

I am sending good thoughts and good wishes to you!!

God Bless!!!

Lisa
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Kimberly, Congratulations! Best wishes for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery! Linda

Comment

Kim-

CONGRATULATIONS I can't tell you how happy Alan & I are for you.

Take care my freind. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Ange

Comment

Kimberly

What GEAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you take it easy and heal and i will keep you in my prayers

Shirley
                Diagnosed 2003
                Myectomy 2-23-2004
                Husband: Ken
                Son: John diagnosed 2004
                Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Kimberly.

This is wonderful news! May you enjoy many, many years!

Peace,

Leon
                  God Squad co-moderator
                  Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Kimberly....

What wonderful news you are able to share with us.

I have been told that in the future I will need to have a heart transplant. I have thought and thought about it but I have not been able to strongly say, Yes, I will.

I'm sure you thought deeply during your wait. I congratulate you on having the strength to make a decision that has helped you. I'm sure you'll be an inspiration to many.

Take care and please keep us informed.
                    Esther

Comment

Way to go Kimberly!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

I am praying that you heal up perfectly and that there is ZERO rejection forever!!!!

I am sooooo happy for you !!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!! How exciting!!!

Big Hugs,
                      Eve
                      49 yrs. old
                      Diagnosed at 31.
                      Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
                      First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
                      Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
                      Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
                      My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
                      2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Dear Kimberly

I am so glad to here all is well!!! Congratulations!! Now begins another journey. A second chance at life!!!

Stay well
                        Love Ya Karen
                        Karen Cicconetti
                        Heart Transplant 1998
                        Don\'t take your organs to heaven
                        Heaven knows we need them here

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS

Prayers for a long life with your new !!

Hugs and prayers for continuing recovery and life long health!! You deserve it!!

Pam
                          It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Your wait is finally over and you can start a new life. Take it slow do NOT get discouraged. I hope you are always a 0. My prayers go out to your donor family. They had the courage to give the gift of life. If you need any thing during this recovery period please pm me. Again congratulations.
                            Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
                            ICD&Pacemaker 1996
                            Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
                            Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Kim,

Congratulations

Wishing you a smooth & uneventful recovery.
                              Here's to a long & healthy life with your new heart.

Stuart
                              Cleveland Myectomy Club
                              August 31, 2004

Comment

Working...
                              X