If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rejection

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

LizCarpenter Find out more about LizCarpenter
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejection

My last 3 biopsies were all 0... YEA!!
    I am to have my annual biopsy Wed. the 14th...
    I get scared every time I have to go in for a biopsy... I am scared that I will be in rejection? Is this normal? I pray and pray every time that Lindsay will be safe there inside my chest... but I am so scared that I will be in some kind of rejection???

I would think it's absolutely normal to have fear each time you have the biopsies done. I'll pray you get another big fat 0 under your belt!

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Here is hoping for another ZERO. Prayers to lessen your fears.

Pam
      Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
      Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
      Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
      SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
      [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
      Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
      Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
      Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Yes, it is normal to fear that you will reject. I have had 2 episodes of rejection but they bring you right out of it with med changes. Everyone says oh I bet you dread biopsies but really it is nice to know all is okay. I will keep you in my prayers. Let us know how it goes. Hoping for a 0.
        Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
        ICD&Pacemaker 1996
        Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
        Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for all the words of encouragement... I know that it can be fixed with meds... I have been through 2 episodes of rejection. I got a 3A twice in a row!!! I just hate being in rejection. I HATE the steriods. I get extremely puffy... moon face... and my joints ache. So I guess that is why I get so scared.
          I also wanted to let everyone know that I have been released to go back to work... so I got a job working with MORA... Mississippi Ogan Recovery Agency.
          I am answering phones right now but I am hoping that I can train to recover organs. It may take me some time to get started but that is what I am planning on doing.
          Kadie is still waiting but as soon as she gets a heart I will post and let everyone know. She asked me the other day to excercise with her when she gets better. It did my heart good to hear that!!!

Comment

Im totally with you on being nervous for every biopsy. I have 2 more biopsys until my first annual and I am really excited. I had early rejection a few 3A's so, i know how you feel. I have had a string of 0's and 1A's for a few months now, but i still get that pit in my stomach waiting for that call. I just dont want to be readmitted into the hospital..Im thinking about you..
            Proud Heart Transplant Recipient - November 6, 2004.

Comment

Guess What

God has once again answered my prayers and gave me a zero.

Lindsay you are still safe inside... beat on sister!!!

Comment

Liz

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on another 0

Shirley
                Diagnosed 2003
                Myectomy 2-23-2004
                Husband: Ken
                Son: John diagnosed 2004
                Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Yay!!!
                  Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                  3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Awesome. My husband says he wants a bumper sticker that reads "My wife is a 0" Only a certain # of people in the world would understand that for us that is the best.
                    Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
                    ICD&Pacemaker 1996
                    Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
                    Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Awesome news liz

Midge - I love the bumber sticker idea

John
                      41 years old. Diagnosed with HOCM in Feb 2005. Myectomy at Mayo on June 8, 2005

Comment

Wonderfull news Liz...Way to go!!!

Pam
                        Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                        Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                        Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                        SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                        [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                        Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                        Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                        Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Love the bumper sticker

My dad tells people I am a zero... then he explains... I think the bumper sticker would be cool!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X