If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midge & Scott

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Midge Rollins Heart transplant March 04. Prior to that I had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I am an independent Norwex consultant. Visit my web site www.midgerollins.norwex.biz
Midge Rollins
Find out more about Midge Rollins
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Reenie
    Super Moderator

• Reenie
    replied
    I'll be in Rochester next week, have appointments with Dr Ommen et al on Tuesday and Wednesday. If you PM me your phone number I might can call while I'm there.

Reenie

Leave a comment:

• Scott Stanley
    Junior Contributor

• Scott Stanley
    replied
    Hi everyone Midge was in town this last weekend and we had dinner. I have ended up calling her Mother Midge because she has been a big help to me getting over the boredom here in Rochester. I had my fifth biopsy today and it came back a 1a, oh well they didn't change any meds. I am now two thirds the way done and only 4 weeks to go till I get home, I hope the kids can hold out that long because they really miss dad and dad misses them.

Talk to you all later

Scott

Leave a comment:

• cynthiaG
    Member of 1000 Post Club!

• cynthiaG
    replied
    Scott and Midge,

BIG HUGS to both of you! I can't you how happy I am to hear wonderful news!!

Leave a comment:

• Pam Alexson

• Pam Alexson
    replied
    00000000000000000"s now those are great to see. Keep getting them Scott.

Pam

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    Brave Heart

• shirleymahoney
    replied
    Scott

Congradulations on a great Biopsy, I hope you continue to get 0's and please take care and i look forward to seeing those pictures

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• angall

• angall
    replied
    Scott

I am so glad to hear that you had a 0 rejection. Keep up the good work!

I can't wait to see your pictures. Meeting Midge must have been unreal.

Prayers for continued 0 rejection.

Take care

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    HCMA CEO and Founder

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    Scott in case I forgot to do this.. I am sending you a BIG hug and my best wishes for many more 0's to come!

Lots of love,
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Scott Stanley
    Junior Contributor

• Scott Stanley
    replied
    pictures

I sit here and type this post as I wait(something I do alot lately) and wait for my transplant visit. I to got my third 0 rejection last week and have been doing well in recovery.

I got to see my boys for the first time in six weeks this weekend and that will keep me going hopefully till the end of my stay.

Lisa and Midge I am going to have my father e-mail me the picture this week and then I will forward it on to you I forgot to load it in my laptop before they left with the kids. Yes, thats right mom and dad took the kids to the lake for a week and a half, I hope they can survive.

Everybody take care, and keep up the humor, because its the only thing that keeps you going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    HCMA CEO and Founder

• Lisa Salberg
    replied
    Midge,
    Thank you for sharing this good news. Scott - Please email those photos to the HCMA email and i will post them on the photo album!
    Thanks!
    Lisa

Leave a comment:

• jmurray
    Ventricle

• jmurray
    replied
    Congratulation to both of you!

I am so amazed with the whole transplant program. I saw the big Map of all the hearts that Mayo had transplanted when I was there. I just stood there in amazement. What a wonderful gift someone was able to give.

Take care Midge and Scott,

John

Leave a comment:

• Linda
    Super Moderator

• Linda
    replied
    Midge - Congratulations! Linda

Leave a comment:

• Pam Alexson

• Pam Alexson
    replied
    Midge and Scott great to hear all is going so well. We all look forward to continued 0 reports . Isn't it something what brings 2 people together... a miracle of technology, faith , giving donors and strong individuals. You 2 are awesome!!! Keep doing well .

Pam

Leave a comment:

• angall

• angall
    replied
    Hi Midge
    I'm glad to hear that you had 0 biopsy. You certainly are a role model.

I bet it was great meeting a fellow recipient. I can only imagine how much you two had to talk about. Did many people attend the picnic? Is it held yearly?

Thank you for giving us a report on Scott. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Take care and may God bless

Leave a comment:

• Reenie
    Super Moderator

• Reenie
    replied
    I'm really glad to hear that Scott's doing so well! It must've been nice to meet him. Please do get some pics posted when you can. And Midge, glad you had a 00000!

Reenie

Leave a comment:

• Midge Rollins

• Midge Rollins
    started a topic Midge & Scott

Midge & Scott

I had my check up this week and again had a 0 biopsy. (that is what we want) 0 means no rejection. Labs were all good too. Best of all I met Scott Stanley at the Mayo Transplant Picnic. He looked great and seems to be feeling good. It was very hot that day and after pictures i told him he needed to rest. Actually called me "Mother Midge". We took some pictures and he is probably a lot smarter than me and can post them. Go for it Scott. Just wanted everyone to know how great we are both doing and what the gift of life has given us. Thanks everyone for your continued support.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X