If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beverly?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Reenie Find out more about Reenie
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly?

I haven't seen anything from Beverly in a long time and was wondering if anyone knows how she's doing. I know she wasn't feeling very well and the long wait for a heart was getting pretty old. I hope she's doing fine and is recovering right now.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

I spoke to her last week. She is having a hard time waiting. Lets all send prayers her way for a new heart!!!

Thanks for asking.
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Reenie

I really hope she is ok too, Hopefully she got her new heart too

Shirley
      Diagnosed 2003
      Myectomy 2-23-2004
      Husband: Ken
      Son: John diagnosed 2004
      Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Beverly, if you are up to it just drop a note. Remember you are in the worse stage of transplant. Waiting. It gets to you as I well remember. Try to stay positive. We are all thinking of you.
        Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
        ICD&Pacemaker 1996
        Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
        Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I had been thinking about her and hoping she had her new heart already. I'll pray that it comes soon, and that she can stand the wait in the meantime.

Reenie
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

Beverly,
            I'm praying that you receive peace and comfort during this difficult time and that the infinite power of the divine will send a heart to you very soon.
            Sincerely,
            Joyce
            \"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.\"
            Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Our prayes are with you for a new heart to come your way soon.

Stuart & Barbara
              Cleveland Myectomy Club
              August 31, 2004

Comment

Hey everyone,

Thanks for caring, it truely helps this long wait. I haven't felt great lately. I having a hard time getting thru the days with my kids now at home and out of school. I'm very worn out and tired of being so. I'm so ready for this new heart to come and for some reason God isn't ready yet. The wait totally stinks!!!!!!! And there is nothing they can do to make the wait or me be any better. Also my family is now having issues. My sister is 38 and has had two strokes and her EF is down to 15% and she is refusing a transplant. My 36 yo brother is having chest pains, SOB, and fatigue to have the cardiologist say oh your left chamber is hypertrophied but it's not HCM. WHAT A CROCK!!!!! So a lot on my plate these days and needing a miracle. Keep praying and thanks for asking!!

Take care and God bless!
                Beverly

Comment

Beverly you are still in my prayers and anytime you need to talk i will be there for you and i'm so sorry to hear of all your woes right now with your family, but please take care of yourself and i just lnow there is a heart for you , just remember God won't give us anything we can't handle, sometimes we are pushed to the edge, but it will payoff in the end

Shirley
                  Diagnosed 2003
                  Myectomy 2-23-2004
                  Husband: Ken
                  Son: John diagnosed 2004
                  Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Beverly, I'm sorry to hear that your wait isn't going very well. I do hope your brother can get to a better cardio and start getting treatment. You and your entire family will be in my prayers. I hope your sister isn't suffering.

Reenie
                    Reenie

Husband has HCM.

Comment

Beverly, You and your family will be in my prayers, Linda

Comment

Beverly, Like the others also said , you are always in my thoughts too. I continue to pray for you and everyone waitng for their hearts. You are a bunch of very strong people to go through all this. The waiting has to be unbearable.

Pam
                        Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                        Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                        Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                        SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                        [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                        Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                        Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                        Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Beverly

I can't imagine what stress you are under.

I was told by my cardiologist that eventually I will need a transplant. I'm praying that it won't be any time soon.

Gosh, what an ordeal your family is going through. I will include you and your family in my prayers.

When the time is right, I'm sure you'll get a strong heart.

Take care
                          Esther

Comment

Beverely my thoughts are with you

Hi Beverely Just wanted to let you know my thoughts are with you and you and all your family are in my prayers. We are both waiting and it is tough. I know how you feel I feel like I have to be on my tiptoes but we can share our waiting time with our famiy and friends. I have had 2 calls that I was a backup person. I know your heart will come soon and then all of us who have had transplants or are waiting can share stories. If you ever need to talk you can leave me a message. Take care and God bless.
                            Kimberly K. Plaster

Comment

Working...
                            X