If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another call here we go again!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

dreamcatchinglady Find out more about dreamcatchinglady
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another call here we go again!

Hi all,
    Well as some of you know I was scheduled for my eeg test today. Well I ended up not getting it due to getting a call from my cardiologist saying that I was a backup person for a heart. This is the second call I received. He called at 4:30 am so off my parents and I zoomed to the hospital. Got there about 6:30 and I had to wait around till 12 then they told me I wasn't getting it. I think there is really no way to prepare for the real transplant when it comes. The doctors asked me how I felt and I told them well I am enjoying the nice weather and really wish for this procedure to not occur until it's cold and snowy out so I can enjoy the summer. But I must be getting closer and closer for the real thing.I know it will be a great gift but I am so scared. Yes maybe I am a scaredy cat. I guess it's difficult for me because my dad had a heart transplant, my half brother and my cousin. My cousin passed away shortly after. My half brother had a stroke before his and walks with a brace and his arm is paralyzed. My dad is doing fabulous and rides his harley. Now not only am I on the list but my aunt is also. My aunt I feel needs it more than me because she has more bad days than I do. So I am really hoping she gets her heart first. She's a different blood type so no competition there.
    Somedays I cry somedays I laugh Somedays I relax and somedays I scream. My friends say Kim you always have something going on lol. Now I found out it's good I didn't have the eeg anyhow because the hospital would not take my Medicaid so now I have no idea what I am going to do. Also my car is in the shop for a clunking noise and the brakes are going. But I can walk, talk, share things and have you wonderful people and my friends and family. So thanks. I just really needed to vent.
    Kimberly K. Plaster

Kimberly, I'm sorry for all the ups and downs of waiting. I hope that you get your new heart in the time that's right for you. Still thinking of you....

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Kim,

Continued thoughts and prayers for you and for your aunt.

Pam
      Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
      Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
      Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
      SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
      [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
      Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
      Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
      Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Kim

I 'm so sorry to hear about this delay yet again, I hope yours and your Aunts heart comes soon and And CONGRADULATIONS to your DAD out and enjoying life

Hope you hear something soon

shirley
        Diagnosed 2003
        Myectomy 2-23-2004
        Husband: Ken
        Son: John diagnosed 2004
        Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Kim
          I'm so sorry to hear about another delay. I was often told by my mother, "What's meant to be, will happen". Perhaps someone that needed it more got it.
          Trust in your doctors and in God. AND be patient.

Take care
          Esther

Comment

Kim,

I know that you must have a million emotions when that call comes. I remember when my dear friend Carolyn recieved the call that she was getting a heart, the 1,2,3,4 and 5th call... ah 5 was the charm for her. Each time the call came a new set of emotions were there to be delt with. God willing when the time is right you will be ready to move forward in every way.

Best wishes,
            Lisa
            Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
            YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
            lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
            Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
            Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
            Currently not obstructed
            Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Kim, I am so sorry for the 2nd dry run. We will pray the third time is a charm. As you say, you know you must be getting close. It is good that you and your aunt do not have same blood type as no matter how you feel you always want the other person to come first. When the real thing happens you will have a million emotions also, tears, laughter, fear, excitement, joy, pain for the donor's family. Just know we are all here for you. God Bless.
              Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
              ICD&Pacemaker 1996
              Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
              Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Kim,

Hang in there. It sounds like you are such a strong person. We will all keep praying for you - your time will come for your special gift.

Best wishes,

John
                41 years old. Diagnosed with HOCM in Feb 2005. Myectomy at Mayo on June 8, 2005

Comment

Hi Kim-

Alan and I are thinking about you and praying for you. By the way, how're the dogs??

Take care and God Bless.

Alan & Ange

Comment

Kim-
                    What a roller coaster you are on. Just know "You are an inspiration for all of us". Be Proud of yourself, for how well you are coping & going on with your Life! My Cardio has prepared for for the fact that one day I will be in your position, waiting for a Heart--- I pray I have your strength, when my time comes.
                    May you continue to have the strength & may G-d smile upon you.
                    RONNIE

Comment

Kim,

I can only emotion the roller-coaster of emotions you are going through.
                      Hang in there. One of these times it will be the real deal.
                      We are all praying you won't have to wait too long.

Lets hope the next one for you.

Stuart & Barbara
                      Cleveland Myectomy Club
                      August 31, 2004

Comment

Dear Kim

I know it's hard but hang in their, your spirit is truly amazing. You are in my prayers.

Karen
                        Karen Cicconetti
                        Heart Transplant 1998
                        Don\'t take your organs to heaven
                        Heaven knows we need them here

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                        X