If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insulin levels are high.

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

dreamcatchinglady Find out more about dreamcatchinglady
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulin levels are high.

Hello everyone. I wasn't sure where to post this but thought this might be an okay spot since I am waiting for transplant. Well I now have another weight on my shoulders yet again. My insulin level is relatively high it's about 39 or 40. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and my gyn tested my blood and found out the insulin level was high. It was suggested that I take the medicine glucophage but as always I contacted my cardiologist before I started the medicine. He said there were cardiac issues along with my hcm and there are rare occurences of lactic acidosis so I am not going to take the medicine since he said not to. He told me to set up an appointment with my primary care so I saw her a few weeks ago. She said a lot of things can occur such as diabetes. It was as if an alarm went off in my head and I began to get nervous. Well I am on my way to a nutritionist tomorrow and the doc said maybe I should go on a diabetic diet just in case. Well I don't have diabetes currently so I don't think I am ready for that kind of diet though I will eat healthier so I'll see what I can work out with the dietician. Everyone thanks for listening. I just needed to vent. I am going to try to eat healthier and exercise. Though some days I am just so tired it's hard to find the motivation when you don't feel well. I gotta keep going. God bless you all.
    Kimberly K. Plaster

Kim, another bump in the road for you. I am sorry. I know when you don't feel well it is hard to eat properly. I hope and pray that your heart comes soon.
    Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
    ICD&Pacemaker 1996
    Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
    Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
    X