If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home again

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Midge Rollins Heart transplant March 04. Prior to that I had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. I am an independent Norwex consultant. Visit my web site www.midgerollins.norwex.biz Find out more about Midge Rollins
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home again

Well, I am back from Mayo for my biopsy. I am a zero again. This is the best as that shows no signs of rejection. The new immune suppressant they put me on has kicked in and brought me out of the mild rejection episode from last month. I don't have to go back for 6 weeks and in a month I get to drop 2 mg's of Prednisone a day. So, I will be down to only 6mgs daily. They are also going to try and cut back some other medicines. Then they will re biopsy me the week of Mar. 21. That will be at my 1 year mark. Sure does not seem possible. The best news is we get to go to S. Carolina and visit my daughter she just moved down there a month ago and Jim got to go but I did not. We are leaving this Wed. We hope to surprise her. I cannot wait. We have only been to Minn. and Ia. for about 2 years now. So, we get to go spoil our youngest 2 grandbabies. I will be checking in and keeping in touch while we are gone. Take care everybody.
    Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
    ICD&Pacemaker 1996
    Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
    Mom of Kaye.

Oh Midge

That is such great news way to go on the biopsy a 0 that is great, and please have a good time in SC i use to live there too it is a wonderful state in fact i told my husband i wouldn't mind retiring there we lived in Summerville SC In fact my husband and I ran the roller rink there for about 5 years it is right outside Charleston well have a good time with your family ok and spoil those grandkids and give em back

Shirley
    Diagnosed 2003
    Myectomy 2-23-2004
    Husband: Ken
    Son: John diagnosed 2004
    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Midge,

That is wonderful news! I'm so glad that everything is working out well with the new immune suppresant. Hope you have a great visit with your daughter and grandchildren. You've certainly earned a nice vacation for yourself.

Take care,

Jim
      "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Midge,
        Thats great news. I cant believe its going to be a year. It seems like it all happened just a couple months ago. Have fun on your vacation, take care of yourself.

Bryan

Comment

That is such great news, I am happy for you.

I wish you continued improvement and wellness.

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy!

All the best,
          Eileen
          49 yrs. old
          Diagnosed at 31.
          Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
          First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
          Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
          Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
          My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
          2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Hi Midge

Your good news brings warmth to my heart. I wasn't a part of this forum when you had your transplant, but I know what you went through (mentally) prior to.

You certainly are entitled to a wonderful vacation. I hope you have beautiful sunny days and happy times with your daughter.

Take care
            Esther

Comment

Midge ,

So happy for your great report. Have a wonderfull time with your loved ones and if it is warm there can you try to send some north. Thanks Midge for all you do.

Pam
              Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
              Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
              Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
              SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
              [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
              Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
              Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
              Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

What a wonderful Valentine Day gift!
                Peace,
                Leon
                God Squad co-moderator
                Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Midge,

Congratulations on the ZERO!! and a bigger Congratulations on your trip - enjoy those babies!!

Big hug,
                  Lisa
                  Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                  YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                  lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                  Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                  Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                  Currently not obstructed
                  Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Working...
                  X