If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have concentration or memory problems post transplant? any meds affet this?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

cynthiaG Find out more about cynthiaG
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have concentration or memory problems post transplant? any meds affet this?

I have notice that my focus and concentration at work it worse since post-transplant. I do remember a doctor asking me if my memory feels cloudy ...I think there is a med that we take that can affect this...help!!! I dont want to lose my job over this
    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Anyone have concentration or memory problems post transplant? any meds affet thi

I initially had some issues with concentration and while it is better, I still cannot stay on task for long. Are you still on Prednisone and what immune suppressants are you on?
    Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
    ICD&Pacemaker 1996
    Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
    Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Re: Anyone have concentration or memory problems post transplant? any meds affet thi

Hi Midge
      I take Cellcept and Prograf. Take 2.5 mg. Of prednisone
      \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Prednisone brain I am sure of it
        Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
        ICD&Pacemaker 1996
        Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
        Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Ur on the same meds I'm on , I think I did after transplant a bit but it soon went , don't worry u wont lose ur job if anythink u will be better at ur jod with a new health heart
          Margi*
          http://margi-inskeep.blogspot.com
          Forever Young

I was diagnosedwith HCM at 6.
          Went into Atrial fibrillation so had a ICD put in at 16
          Went into Heart failure at 17
          Got a heart transplant at 21(2009)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X