If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cynthia update

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

maztbo grew up in boston,but live on the cape now with my wife and three teenagers Find out more about maztbo
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cynthia update

Talked to Cynthia's husband last night, and it seems she's having a bit of a bumpy road as of late,she hasn't been transplanted yet.She's in ICU but things are a little better now than they were last week.I know she would be comforted by the concern by everyone has shown, if anyone wants to send her a card, PM me and I'll send you back the mailing info, I don't want to expose her name to the internet because once it's there the universe knows it.

John F
    had HCM since birth
    'enlarged heart' identified in 96'
    HOCM dx in 7/08
    Myectomy 8/09
    extended Myectomy 5/10
    'End stage' HCM dx 8/10
    CRT-D implanted 9/10
    evaluated for Transplant 11/10
    Listed for transplant 6/11

Re: Cynthia update

Thanks, John. Glad her husband got back to you, know you were concerned the other day when we spoke.

Marian

Comment

John - thanks for the continued updates - let her know we continue to think of her - Linda

Comment

Please give her my well wishes
        Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
        ICD&Pacemaker 1996
        Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
        Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Yes, please let her know that we are all thinking of her and hoping that she gets transplanted soon.
          Daughter of Father with HCM
          Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
          Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
          ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
          Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

While I don't "know" Cynthia, please do let her know we are all thinking of her!
            Sister diagnosed with HCM 1987, died April 2012 of "unknown causes" as her family did not want autopsy
            My testing: 1987 and 1988 misdiagnosed with mitral valve prolapse
            Asthma diagnosis 1991
            Nephew diagnosed with HCM 1999
            Previous misdiagnosis "confirmed" 1999
            Cardiac arrest: 10/4/2010
            Induced hypothermic coma 10/4/2010
            ICD implanted 10/13/2010

Comment

Best to Cynthia and her family, I will be thinking of you.
              Hopefully the holidays will bring a special gift!
              Please keep us updated.

Sarah

Comment

Cynthia is in my prayers - please let her know.
                Susan
                Diagnosed at age 53 in April 2010 (after having been
                "cleared" several times)
                Into running & cycling - cleared to continue at mild to
                moderate level
                Extensive family history
                Lost my mom, aunt and nephew to SCD
                St. Judes "Fortify VR" ICD implanted 8/30/2010 "Ces't Watt"

Comment

I have been away for a while, and have spent the last hour getting up to speed on Cynthia's situation. I will be praying for Cynthia and her family and medical staff every day.

Comment

John, thanks for the update on Cynthia and I'm sorry I didn't notice this thread earlier. She is in all of our prayers.
                    "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Working...
                    X