If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

transplant list

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

cynthiaG Find out more about cynthiaG
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transplant list

is there anyone waiting to be on a heart transplant list or already is??
    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: transplant list

Yes, my name is Sarah, I'm 41 and was put on the transplant list 3/2011.

Comment

Hi, my name is Marielos I entered the heart transplant list Sept. 1, 2011. status 2

Comment

Okay, to you three, all I can say it is the smartest thing I ever did. Waiting is hard and I won't sugar coat the first year as you get meds regulated. My life is such a blessing. Tomorrow I am going kayaking, I go to grandkids games, one was born after my transplant, without this new heart I may not have lived to see him be born let alone 2nd grade. I am taking an aerobic class, doing a home based business Yes, I take pills --- who doesn't. I do not feel I just exchanged one set of problems for another set. I am alive and happy to be so. You are in the hardest spot-----WAITING. Try to stay positive be as pro active as you can. Feel free to PM me if you want. I am thinking of you.
        Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
        ICD&Pacemaker 1996
        Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
        Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Midge,

thank you for your advice. I'm glad I have entered the transplant list. I will be transplanted at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fl. I live 5 hrs. Away From Jacksonville so my mother (who is going to be my primary care giver) and I will be moving to JAX in about 3-6 months. My Transplant cardiologist feels pretty sure that in 3-6 mo. he will start receiving offers for me and that's when he wants me to move to Jacksonville. The rest of the waiting I will do there.
          Midge I would love to personally talk to you. I always enjoy reading your comments and advice you give to others.

Thank you for your encouragement,
          Marielos Griffin

Comment

My husband was listed on 6/16/2011 as an inactive status 2. He's currently recovering from having an LVAD implanted. We hope that he will be activated later this year. He's 37.

Comment

Every time I her Midge tell how her transplant has affected her life I smile - really smile! I don't think she truly knows how much she affects us all.
              LOVE YOU MIDGE!!
              Marc
              Diagnosed @ 48
              Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
              Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
              AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
              After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
              Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

Hi Cynitha
                You know you can include me on your list, of listed as of 6/11. I know you'll get the news soon you're waiting for and you'll beat me to the goal line.Keep your chin up.

John
                had HCM since birth
                'enlarged heart' identified in 96'
                HOCM dx in 7/08
                Myectomy 8/09
                extended Myectomy 5/10
                'End stage' HCM dx 8/10
                CRT-D implanted 9/10
                evaluated for Transplant 11/10
                Listed for transplant 6/11

Comment

I know she effects me, because before reading her stories I was leaning towards not getting a transplant, I was worked up for the transplant about 4 years ago, but they felt I wasn't quite ready for it. but I haven't since.

Shirley
                  Diagnosed 2003
                  Myectomy 2-23-2004
                  Husband: Ken
                  Son: John diagnosed 2004
                  Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

I know she effects me, because before reading her stories I was leaning towards not getting a transplant, I was worked up for the transplant about 4 years ago, but they felt I wasn't quite ready for it. but I haven't since.<br><br>Shirley
                    Diagnosed 2003
                    Myectomy 2-23-2004
                    Husband: Ken
                    Son: John diagnosed 2004
                    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

The list. Oh the dreaded list. Good luck to all of you in waiting. Its the hardest part, but its all worth it in the end. I wouldn't have made it past my sophmore year of high school, nonetheless to graduation without a new heart. Stay strong! Its worth it!
                      Love to live. Love to be a kid.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                      X