If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next step in the journey

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

MelliJ
MelliJ
Shy Heart
Find out more about MelliJ
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next step in the journey

Hi Everyone - just wanted to share an update....

Well, Evan has been on the IV milrinone for 8 weeks now. Last week he had a repeat right heart cath, and it showed that his output is stable, but his lung pressures are still elevated. I spoke with his CHF doc over the weekend, and she indicated that the next step will be the LVAD. We have an appointment with her on Thursday to discuss details of what to do next. She did mention scheduling a consult with a surgeon. I've already started doing research online, and have found a few video blogs of people who are living with LVADs and doing quite well. It looks like our rollercoaster is about to really get going!

Best Regards,

Melanie

Re: Next step in the journey

Glad to hear that his cardiac output is stable. I'm sorry that he will be moving toward the LVAD, but am so glad that today's technology provides that as an option. Keep us posted Melanie.
    Linda
    Onward and Upward !

Diagnosed 4/07 HCM with fixed & dynamic obstruction
    Myectomy with resected cordonae tendonae 4/08 CCF
    ICD 10/08

Comment

Thanks for the update - thinking of you all - Linda

Comment

Hi Melanie,
        I'm glad there's a next step that can be taken. Yes, keep us posted.

Gordon
        Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Let us know.
          Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
          ICD&Pacemaker 1996
          Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
          Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Hi Melanie! Thinking of you and your husband in this next step! Is the LVAD a bridge to get to transplant? Do they think the LVAD will help get his lung pressures down? I hope you are holding up ok. Let us know how he does!
            heather
            Super Contributor
            Last edited by heather; 08-17-2011, 12:53 AM.
            Heather, 43, non-obstructive HCM, dx'd at age 14, AICD implanted 11-02, PVAI ablation done for a-fib and a-flutter 5-2010. 2nd PVAI done for a-flutter and a-tach 3-2014. 3rd PVAI for a-flutter June 2015, dr forgot to reset ICD settings and I went into vt and almost died, July 2015, July 2015-started tx work up, October 2015, put on list in Dallas and tx'd on November 14, 2015.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
            X