If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got the call

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

CBK75 Cardiac Arrest 1994 Find out more about CBK75
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the call

Well I'll make this short. At 3:13 I received a phone call from BC Transplant. It seems that after waiting 19 months to the day we are going to be receiving a great gift. My surgery is scheduled for 9 tonight. We are excited, scared everything!
    To top it off our twins are due on the 28th of June! Holy crap!
    I'll keep everyone up to date!
    Thanks to you all!

Chris
    Chris

35 years
    Diagnosed with HCM 1991
    05/1994-Cardiac Arrest
    06/1994-Myectomy
    09/2001-1st ICD Implantation-University of MN
    12/2001-2nd ICD Implantaion-University of MN
    11/2008- Offically Listed for a heart transplant
    09/2010 Fathers Day! Heart Transplant

Re: Got the call

Will be thinking of you and your family and the donor's family also. Looking forward to a good report.
    Onward and Upward !

Diagnosed 4/07 HCM with fixed & dynamic obstruction
    Myectomy with resected cordonae tendonae 4/08 CCF
    ICD 10/08

Comment

Sending you and all the family's involved our prayer's.... What a amazing gift... and twin's on there way wow!!! You have truly blessed... Wishing you a fast and smooth recovery... Take exceptional care
      Sincerely, Raeann

Comment

Lots of prayers your way! Hoping you are in the recovery room by this point!

Mary

Comment

What a blessing!

Praying for you, your family and the family that chose to give the gift!

Carol
          Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible!
          2004 Diagnosed with HCM
          2010 Extended Septal Myectomy, Mayo Clinic with Dr. Dearani on 9/23/10
          2011 5 of 8 children tested and found negative
          2012 Hypothyroidism secondary to Thyroid ablation
          2013 A-Fib
          2013 Inconclusive genetic testing
          2013 April Fool's Day found me getting an ICD!!!
          2013 Second Myectomy with papillary muscle resection and tricuspid valve repair, Mayo Clinic with Dr. Dearani on 10/11/13

Comment

Great fathers day gift.. so wonderful your wait is over. And the twins are a bonus gift!
            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

I'm so happy for you, after so long! Best of luck with the surgery, and with your future. God bless the donor family, and blessings to you and yours. Your twins will have a healthier, happier daddy now. Hope recovery goes as well for you as it did for my sweet granddaughter, Sara, who just graduated from High School and is now on to college in the fall!

Comment

Wow! Congratulations! I know it's been a long haul for you. Looking forward to hearing from the new, stronger you in a few days.

Gordon
                Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

Congrats! We will be anxiously awaiting news. Let's hope this is the beginning of many more happy Father's Days!
                  Daughter of Father with HCM
                  Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
                  Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
                  ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
                  Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Such wonderful news! Watching for updates!

Prayers - Linda

Comment

Our thoughts are with you Chris. Hope all goes well.
                      "We come into the world and take our chances, fate is just the weight of circumstances - that's the way the lady luck dances...roll the bones." - Rush

Comment

Prayers!

Leon
                        God Squad co-moderator
                        Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Great news! Can't wait to hear an update! June is going to be a busy month for your family!!
                          Heather, 43, non-obstructive HCM, dx'd at age 14, AICD implanted 11-02, PVAI ablation done for a-fib and a-flutter 5-2010. 2nd PVAI done for a-flutter and a-tach 3-2014. 3rd PVAI for a-flutter June 2015, dr forgot to reset ICD settings and I went into vt and almost died, July 2015, July 2015-started tx work up, October 2015, put on list in Dallas and tx'd on November 14, 2015.

Comment

I am so thankful the wait is over here is wishing you a speedy recovery and keep us updated.
                            Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
                            ICD&Pacemaker 1996
                            Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
                            Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Best of luck to you! My thoughts and prayers while you recover from surgery. Congratulations on the twins!
                              Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                              3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Working...
                              X