If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

rejection and leart my lesson

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

purple_ness1 Find out more about purple_ness1
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rejection and leart my lesson

Hey

hows it going ?

i have been in hospiltil 4 the last week or so, i eneded up with severe rejection from missing my pill and yess i have learnt my lesson, just wish i had listen to what everyone was telling me insteed of haveing to learn from my mistakes
    i had a big enought of a scare this time to never do that again , im going to make some chances and stop trying to live my life "normal" like everyone else my age

i was getting out of breath so went to doctor to get cheecke out and she sent me up to the hospiltil witch they did a byoipse and resuits come bak with severe rejection , so they gave me drugs in the I.V for a few days,
    hopefluy that I.V treatment has worked they said they wont know intill another 2 weeks when i go back for my next biopse and if it hasent there going to try a stronger drug,
    and i will know on my next byoipse if im done any damage to my heart that cant be fixed
    i hope so much i havent done any damage

thanks everyone for trying to help me out , im just sorry i didnt listen sooner rather then later

Margi
    Margi*
    http://margi-inskeep.blogspot.com
    Forever Young

I was diagnosedwith HCM at 6.
    Went into Atrial fibrillation so had a ICD put in at 16
    Went into Heart failure at 17
    Got a heart transplant at 21(2009)

Re: rejection and leart my lesson

Margi.

I hope the lesson grows deep into your being! Sorry you now face this dangerous time, but we are all pulling for you. Thanks for keeping us in the loop about what is going on.

Peace,

Leon
    God Squad co-moderator
    Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Okay whats done is done and lets look to your future now. Now you know to have a future you will take your medicines and do as the Dr. says. That was a scary lesson for you to learn and an important one. You said normal life well it is a new kind of normal for you just like me, just like anyone with HCM, diabetes, cancer etc. We all need to live with our "new" normal. Keep us posted and stay well.
      Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
      ICD&Pacemaker 1996
      Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
      Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Margi,
        You have been given a new life, I guess it's time to become the "new" you. Wishing you the best.
        Linda
        Onward and Upward !

Diagnosed 4/07 HCM with fixed & dynamic obstruction
        Myectomy with resected cordonae tendonae 4/08 CCF
        ICD 10/08

Comment

Margi - I am sorry that you had to learn this hard lesson and I hope that it is not too late and that no permanent damage was done.

We are all pulling for you, but the person that has to do the most work is you. And while you didn't ask for any of this, and we all empathize with your situation, you have it in your power to take charge of your fate. I am confident that you can and will do it.

Wishing you the best....

Cynthia
          Daughter of Father with HCM
          Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
          Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
          ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
          Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Margi

Glad you are ok not good but ok, and a new beginning.fake Care of YOURSELF, we want you around for a long time.

Shirley
            Diagnosed 2003
            Myectomy 2-23-2004
            Husband: Ken
            Son: John diagnosed 2004
            Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Hang in there Margi!

I always look forward to reading your posts and seeing how you're doing. You've had to hit rock bottom to realize your mistakes but at least you're willing to make changes now. I'm so happy to hear that.
              I think you're a brave woman. Your transplant hasn't broken your spirit and will to have fun and I like that about you. I hope you stick with your promise to make changes to keep up with your daily regimen of pill taking and staying sober.

You've got people all around the world wishing you the best. Do us proud
              Diagnosed during pregnancy age 30, July 2007
              2 mutated genes found in Feb 2009
              ICD Nov 12, 2009
              2 daughters born in '07 & '09. Normal EKGs.
              No known family history of HCM
              In 1995, at age 18, an echo for a misdiagnosed mvp showed HCM but it went unnoticed.
              Still jog and feel no symptoms on most days.

Comment

Ok.. the way I see it.. you cant change the past but you sure as heck can change the future... and THANK GOD you have a future... use it well dear!
                Lots of love and a big hug!
                Lisa
                Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                Currently not obstructed
                Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Hi Margi,

Good girl!!!

Like everyone said, what's done is done, now you can begin anew. You are going to have a wonderful life sweetie
                  49 yrs. old
                  Diagnosed at 31.
                  Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
                  First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
                  Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
                  Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
                  My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
                  2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Hi Margi,
                    It's never fun to have your butt kicked -- especially when it's really scary stuff like this.

I hope you never have to go through stuff like this again!

Gordon
                    Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

Working...
                    X