If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks and mild Rejection

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

purple_ness1
purple_ness1
Barely Heart
Find out more about purple_ness1
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks and mild Rejection

Thanks everyone for the replys

trying to work on the drug thing iv just got 2 the point where im sick of taking drugs and dont wont to take them anymore i just wont a normal life back ,i know iv got to snap out of that soon be4 i do too much damage to my heart
    i know how stupid im been but i think im acting on denial abit and thinking if i pretent its not there it will go away

as for the drinking thing , i dont blame my friends at all there just doing what any normal young person does smoke or drink and im the one who choose to drink so i dont blame them for letting me but im working on that one too

on the up side my byopise come bak i have rejection again but only mild this time

Margi
    Margi*
    http://margi-inskeep.blogspot.com
    Forever Young

I was diagnosedwith HCM at 6.
    Went into Atrial fibrillation so had a ICD put in at 16
    Went into Heart failure at 17
    Got a heart transplant at 21(2009)

Re: Thanks and mild Rejection

Hi Margi,
    Glad to hear that it's mild.

Hang in there -- it'll probably take a while to get used to this new life.

Gordon
    Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

Margi

Good to hear that there is only mild rejection going on. You will be able to make whatever changes need to be made. We are all pulling for you.

Peace,

Leon
      God Squad co-moderator
      Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Glad to hear your rejection is getting better. Your life is going to be normal just a different normal. Your anti-rejection drugs are your life line. Always have them with you. Take care of yourself Margie. Let us know how you are doing and remember we are here for you.
        Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
        ICD&Pacemaker 1996
        Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
        Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Margi .. we all do understand the many challenges you face and how difficult it is to follow a different plan for a new chance at a long life..we are always here pulling for you to keep trying to do the best thing... in this new normal for you. Happy to hear you are only in mild rejection.

Pam
          Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
          Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
          Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
          SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
          [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
          Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
          Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
          Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X