If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thanks everyone

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

purple_ness1 Find out more about purple_ness1
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks everyone

Hey everyone thanks heaps for the post and thanks bob iv only had internet access on my phone and that was playing up a bit but im on a real computer today thank god

so i got a new heart wwo its weird saying that , it didnt go so well at the beginning as half the heart wouldent start and they had me on life support for 5 days then they took me of and i wasent waking up but i did in the in but i was asleep for 12 days as i was alseep for so long my legs and arms got really weak and my kidneys stoped working but the kidneys are slowly starting to work and my legs are slowly starting to get strong , its like learning to walk again this whole tranplant thing harder then i thou it would be but it will be worth it in the end

im still in hospiltil but after your discharged from hospiltil you go to this hostal type place set up for people who had tranplants and you stay there for 3 months then you get to go home be4 they sent you to "hearty towers"(the hostal place) they send you on day vist to hearty towers so im on a day vist thank god its good 2 get out of the hospiltil for a day
    hopefuly they will dischange me 2 hearty towers next week sometime

thanks everyone for all the support your all given me

Margi
    Margi*
    http://margi-inskeep.blogspot.com
    Forever Young

I was diagnosedwith HCM at 6.
    Went into Atrial fibrillation so had a ICD put in at 16
    Went into Heart failure at 17
    Got a heart transplant at 21(2009)

Re: thanks everyone

Margi, I'm really happy to see you posting for yourself. Take time to rest. You will get stronger each day now. I'm glad to see you're feeling so much better!
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Margie.

Welcome back. Have a great recovery.

Leon
      God Squad co-moderator
      Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Margi - Its so good to hear from you!
        Sorry it was rough at first, but it sounds like the best is ahead & that makes us all very happy for you! Keep us posted!
        Marc
        Diagnosed @ 48
        Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
        Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
        AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
        After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
        Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

Margi

Glad you are up and about, It's all up hill now, Take Care

Shirley
          Diagnosed 2003
          Myectomy 2-23-2004
          Husband: Ken
          Son: John diagnosed 2004
          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Oh Margi .. It is so wonderful to hear directly from you . What a sweet guy Bob has been to keep us all up on how you were doing. Keep gathering your strength...I look forward to more and more positives for you. Life starts over now doesn't it? New beginnings!Congrats!

Pam
            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Keep up the good work and it sounds like the worst is behind you. Thanks for your post, we have all been wondering how your have been doing. Although the phone was acting up, you got your messages across.......kiwi talk and all.

Linda
              Onward and Upward !

Diagnosed 4/07 HCM with fixed & dynamic obstruction
              Myectomy with resected cordonae tendonae 4/08 CCF
              ICD 10/08

Comment

Margi, welcome back I am so happy for you. Your hostel towers sounds like where I stayed in Rochester it was a facility just for transplants we made life long friends and it helped to have others that had gone through what I was going through. You had a rough time and I am hoping you are on the road to a new life now. Congratulations.
                Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
                ICD&Pacemaker 1996
                Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
                Mom of Kaye.

Comment

Margi - We are all rooting for you! Keep up the good work and stay strong. I hope that you will get back to Rotorua soon. Did I ever tell you that we went there on our honeymoon? Beautiful place. Maybe you can come visit us in California on your honeymoon!
                  Daughter of Father with HCM
                  Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
                  Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
                  ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
                  Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Hi Margi,
                    It's wonderful to see that you're on the mend! And headed toward getting out of the hospital . . . I'm sure it's getting old, fast!

Keep at it, and keep us posted!

Gordon
                    Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

Margi - It's so good to see you back on the message board - hope the recovery goes quickly from here on - Linda

Comment

Hi Margi
                        It's so nice to hear directly from you. A hospital stay is good when you're ill, but as soon as you're feeling well it's time to GET OUT! I had to stay in the hospital waiting for a heart and then for awhile after I received my heart and I was SO READY. I too, like Midge, stayed where only transplant patients were recovering and communicating with others that had gone through a similiar situation. It's good to compare notes.
                        I hope we hear more good news! Think positive and keep up the good work.
                        Esther

Comment

Margi, I am so glad that you are doing better. I know you will have a lot to look forward to now that you have your new heart. Good luck at the new place to stay. It sounds a lot nicer then the hospital. Best to you and Bob.
                          Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                          X