If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margi got a heart!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

EmilysDad Here for my daughter Find out more about EmilysDad
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pam Alexson
    replied
    Re: Margi got a heart!

So glad to read about you getting a new heart Margi... very good news indeed. Take good care!..

Pam

Leave a comment:

• bakyardmom
    replied

That is wonderful news. I hope you have a speedy recovery. The weather is getting nicer now so just relax and watch the flowers grow. Take it easy.

Donna-16yr old son dx'd with HCM in March 2008 - No family history.

Leave a comment:

• Laoshur
    replied

Margi,

You are one brave young lady! We are rooting for legs to function quickly and that you can look back on this as a nightmare with a great ending.

Thanks, Bob, for keeping us updated.

Rhoda

Leave a comment:

• EmilysDad
    replied

Here's the latest from Margi. Sounds like she's bored, which is good news. She also has briefly viewed this page but she cannot post here from her phone. She really appreciated the comments so keep them coming. Bob

thanks 4 the replxs its ben good herein frm u as u went thou it wit emilx
    yeah the phne iu got lets me on abot 5 mim at tim then cts me of bt this plce is so borin i hau nthing beter 2 do.
    once i get my legs goin again i should b ot its ben harder then i thou.
    thank euer1 at hcma 4 me i mangage 2 get ther and read the post they al left bt phne ct ot b4 i could leaue a mesage

Leave a comment:

• Reenie
    replied
    Re: Margi got a heart!--Updated

I'm glad Margi has access to a phone to update us. It sounds like she had a rough time of it and I'm really happy to hear she's getting better. My thoughts will continue to be with her and her family.

Leave a comment:

• EmilysDad
    replied
    Re: Margi got a heart!--Updated

I heard from Margi again via Facebook. The first is direct to me; the second is on her "wall" to everybody. To clarify for the over 40 crowd, she is using a phone to connect to the internet and is having trouble with the connections. She had a tough time with the surgery. Her heart did not start on its own so they had to keep her paced and breathing for a while. She was unconscious for twelve days but is doing better now. She expects to be out of the hospital in three weeks, at which time she'll fill us in in more detail. Bob

Margi Revell Inskeep Bob Singer: Hay thaks the phne im usein playin up bt once i get ot il fil u in got mayb 2,3 weks left in here didnt so wel at beginin was aslep 4 12 day and 1 side of heart wouldent start so had me on life suport 4 a while bt doin beter nw
    8 hours ago · Comment · LikeUnlike · See Wall-to-Wall

Margi Revell Inskeep The phne iu goin on net while in hospiltil playin up so bear wit me pl if i dnt reply got abot 3 mre weks in here then il reply 2 u al
    11:03pm · Comment · LikeUnlike
    You like this.
    Write a comment...
    Show Older Posts...

Leave a comment:

• angall
    replied

Wonderful news! Hopefully she will be able to let us know how she is doing.
    Thanks for the good news.

Leave a comment:

• Reenie
    replied

That's great news! Please let her know we're pulling for her and that we wish her as smooth a recovery as is humanly possible!

Leave a comment:

• mbcube
    replied

So glad to hear the news! Thanfully she didn't have to wait too long. Thanks for the update!

Leave a comment:

• Tracy Porteous
    replied

You go girlfriend! Great to see that a fellow Kiwi has got a new heart and is recovering well. Take care and best wishes to you and your family.

Son died of HOCM June 2009
    I have the disease too. Diagnosed July 2009
    Last edited by Tracy Porteous; 05-04-2009, 09:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cynaburst
    replied

Great news. Thanks for letting us know.

Leave a comment:

• Linda
    replied

Wonderful news! Thanks for the update - Linda

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied

Margi

That is great news!!!, Hope you are doing good and here is to a long happy life.

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• THW
    replied

Great to hear; wishing her an uncomplicated recovery. Thanks for letting us know, Bob.
    Theresa

Leave a comment:

• CBK75
    replied

WOW! That was really fast. I hope for a speedy recovery!

Thank goodness for the donor and their families.

Chris

Leave a comment:

Working...
X