If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sara gets her heart tonight!

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

JEDoe Find out more about JEDoe
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sara gets her heart tonight!

Sara will be getting her heart tonight! She has to be at Children's Hospital Boston at 11:00 pm and we expect the surgery to take place around midnight. Pray for us!!!

Re: Sara gets her heart tonight!

WOW !!! Such good news! Wishing her a speedy recovery and a special one for the donor family as well.
    Marc
    Diagnosed @ 48
    Saw Dr. Michael Debakey @ age 5 - "He's fine, just a little noisy"
    Father to 3 boys 22, 25, 29 (all currently clear - pending genetics)
    AICD - Valentines Day '08, Spark Plug replaced 11/14
    After much research, I had a Myectomy @ Mayo for my 50th Birthday '08
    Quietly going insane . . .

Comment

Huge prayers will be sent out for Sara and for her donor's family. Pleae keep us updated whenever you have a spare minute.
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

My thoughts are with her and with the donor's family. It's almost five years to the day my mom had her transplant. What a gift!

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with Sarah, and you and her donors family.
          Midge

Diagnosed in 1977, Myectomy in 1981 @ Mayo Rochester
          ICD&Pacemaker 1996
          Heart transplant March 19, 2004 @ Mayo Rochester
          Mom of Kaye.

Comment

I hope that all goes well for Sarah. Let's hope that Children's Boston continues their good work as they did for Emily last month.
            Daughter of Father with HCM
            Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
            Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
            ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
            Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Your entire family are in my prayers!

I'm looking forward to a post about how well it went!
              Marki (34) mom to: Quest (15) positive HCM, Zak (10) HCM, waiting on a new heart for 14 months now, Sutton (7) gene negative, and MJ (2) no HCM. Wife to Michael (35). ***Remembering Priscilla (passed on October 31, 1999 @ 33 yrs old), Janice (passed on September 1, 1974 @ 16 yrs old) and Shirley (passed on October 23, 1995 @ 58 yrs old).*** All were from HCM.

Comment

Thank you all for your generous thoughts. I will updated everyone as we get news.

Comment

All the best to Sara and the donor family and to your entire family

Shirley
                  Diagnosed 2003
                  Myectomy 2-23-2004
                  Husband: Ken
                  Son: John diagnosed 2004
                  Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Many prayers for Sara and you all.

Pam
                    Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                    Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                    Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                    SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                    [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                    Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                    Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                    Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!

Thank you Janet for posting.

Hope it all went well. We are so excited for Sara. Tell her we send our best. It has been exactly 7 weeks for Emily.

Please let us know when you can how she is doing.

Deb, Bob & Emily

Comment

Unfortunately, as always happens, there were delays in retrieving the donated heart. It is 10:20 am and Sara is currently in surgery. We expect the heart to arrive in the next 10 minutes and then things will get going! We have been told the heart is an excellent match, and we expect things to go smoothly. One never knows, and we can only hope and pray.

Hope Emily is feeling better. We think of her every day!

Comment

Thanks Janet for the status report. I will be watching for further news. I look forward to a good report from the transplant surgeon post procedure.

I am thrilled for all of you. Stay positive and keep the faith !! Prayers for the transplant team and the donor family.

Linda
                          Onward and Upward !

Diagnosed 4/07 HCM with fixed & dynamic obstruction
                          Myectomy with resected cordonae tendonae 4/08 CCF
                          ICD 10/08

Comment

Janet...I am thinking and will be praying for Sara and all of you today! Best of luck!! Barb
                            Diagnosed Aug 2006 Myectomy 10/25/06 ICD 07/18/08

Comment

What wonderful news! Prayers for Sara and her donor's family. I'll be looking for updates.
                              Esther

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X