If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hi I don't do this much.

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

everlastingbaby I am very friendly and I love spending time with my friends. Also chatting with the ones who don't live close. We have so much fun goofing off! Find out more about everlastingbaby
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi I don't do this much.

Hi I am really scared of have HCM. I am not treated like all my friends I am teated like I can't do anything.
    my teachers even restrict me.
    Love to All
    and
    Stay youthful in all you do

Teri

T-Bear Everlasting

aka Resa

Hi. Are you also sixteen_and_still_living? You should be careful when living with HCM, but you shouldn't feel like you're in jail. What kind of treatment are you on? Any medicines? How thick is your heart? Do you have an ICD? There are a lot of questions before we can try to help you. Tell us more about yourself and we'll be glad to try our best.

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Everlasting --
      Try to call the HCMA office - lets talk and maybe we can help get you some information that will make your teachers, friends and family a little more comfortable with HCM.

take care,
      Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

i know i have replied to a couple of your posts but heres one more. i would love to share my story with you, i wasnt diagnosed as young but i still know what its like to have a limiting disease and want to have fun. i got a lot of stuff i loved taken away when i was diagnoesed, and im here to talk, support, and encourage you if you ever need it. either pm me, AIM me (supernelly87) or email me ( [email protected] ) if you ever want to talk
        ~janelle*
        \"The heart swells at the magnificance\"

1 timothy 4:12: Do not let others look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.

Comment

re

heya
          my friends and teachers do the same thing ,i think its jut normal for them 2 all think the worst and think we cant do any think ,try talking 2 them they might not know there doing it , i talked 2 my frieends i dont think they wil eva stop doing it but they dont do it as much

*margie*
          Margi*
          http://margi-inskeep.blogspot.com
          Forever Young

I was diagnosedwith HCM at 6.
          Went into Atrial fibrillation so had a ICD put in at 16
          Went into Heart failure at 17
          Got a heart transplant at 21(2009)

Comment

yeah, they do it to me too. now its like ive become a burden to them. all of them doctor bills are so expensive, i can do the same things my friends want to or can do. sometimes i think they all feel trapped, and in return i feel trapped also. I know i shouldnt, but i cant make them understand why i have to be careful. i think they only think i get a little dizzy then i fall, they dont realize how much that ICD hurts or how scary the whole ordeal is. I think some of them finally realized about two weeks ago when i was in the pool (didnt know i couldnt do that) and i got shocked once, this is when i blacked out, i stood up and started walking to the center of the pool then i fell and my friend Toby was making sure i wouldnt drowned so he caught me and everyone feeling the same way reached for me, only a few actualy touched me, and thats when i got shocked the second time. everyone eles in the pool says they felt a small tingle. Everyone is all right.
            ~Kimber~

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
            X