If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOCM diagnosis recently

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Goes9s Find out more about Goes9s
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOCM diagnosis recently

42 year old male and just got diagnosed 3 weeks ago. Currently wearing monitor and have appointments this Wednesday with my cardiologist to see next steps. I do remember him telling me something about 40 mm and very tight obstruction. Glad to have a support network

Welcome Goes...
    The most important part of managing your newly discovered condition is to read up on what HCM actually is and what the risk factors , possible treatments etc.are in a reliable source.There is a book for sale on this website and on Amazon by Dr. Barry Maron an expert in the field and Lisa Salberg the founder of the HCMA. Which is short and easy to digest. HCM is fickle, manifests differently in different persons AND it is not a disease your local cardiologist may be used to managing....This is why we encourage people to learn about their HCM so they can advocate for themselves and we encourage people to get an evaluation at an HCM center of excellence......You can access the list of COEs from the HCMA home page.
    There is also an HCMA Facebook group for support which is much more active than this forum. Other resources are an App called HCM Care which answers a lot of questions and was designed by reliable Cardiologists.
    Take a deep breath ..... this condition is very manageable and a good HCM cardiologist can tell you exactly how to monitor your kids.
    After years of symptoms:
    Officially Diagnosed HOCM 2006
    Myectomy 3/11/13 at non-COE
    Extended Myectomy 7/23/14
    At Mayo with Dr. Joseph Dearani

Comment

I sent a join request on the FB page. I'll check the list of cardiologist and see if my Dr is on it.

Comment

Working...
      X