If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connie, Laura and Hena

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Pam Alexson single mother of 3 wonderful young adults;a special ed teacher, an RN and a senior accountant. Find out more about Pam Alexson
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connie, Laura and Hena

Just want to say god bless to all three of you and speedy recoveries. I will be sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Pam
    Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
    Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
    Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
    SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
    [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
    Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
    Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
    Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

The same from me! Will be checking in often for post surgery updates.
    Dolly~
    mom to Andrew(HCM) 21 years old
    Diagnosed \'95 age 5
    Myectomy \'96 age 6
    ICD implant \'99 age 9
    First ICD shock (X2) \'04
    ICD replacement surgery \'05 age 15

*And aunt to 7 year old Kenny who had HCM and suffered sudden death in gym class. (2/20/87 - 4/6/94)

Comment

THANK YOU!
      laura
      Dx: HOCM 1991, Myectomy/Mitral Valve Repair @CCF July 19, 2005. Wife and Mom of two: ages 5 and 3.

Comment

Thank you that was very thoughtful
        Connie

Comment

Best wishes for a successful operation and a speedy recovery for all three of you. We are all rooting for you!

Cynthia
          Daughter of Father with HCM
          Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
          Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
          ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
          Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Weare all here for all 3 of you and know you are all in my prayers

Shirley
            Diagnosed 2003
            Myectomy 2-23-2004
            Husband: Ken
            Son: John diagnosed 2004
            Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Connie, Laura and Hena --

Adding my prayers and well wishes to all three of you.

You're like the 3 Musketeers!
              I wish you all speedy and smooth recoveries.

For sure, I will be checking the board for updates.

Lots of hugs,

- Eve
              49 yrs. old
              Diagnosed at 31.
              Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
              First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
              Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
              Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
              My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
              2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Connie, Laura & Hena:

Praying for strength and a speedy recovery for all three of you.

I will be checking for updates.

Take care
                Esther

Comment

Connie, Laura, and Hena, I'm adding my best wishes and prayers. Anxiously waiting for updates - Linda

Comment

You are all in my prayers. May you have a speedy recovery and please keep us posted.
                    Pace Bene,
                    Matt

Diagnosed with HOCM 2003, ICD Implant on 3-3-05, Extended Myectomy with a Mitral Valve Plictation at St. Luke's in NY on 9-27-05

Comment

you are all in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow!

Mary S.

Comment

Ladies,
                        MY thoughts and prayers are with you all. Please keep us posted...

Tigger1
                        " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

You know this is an HCMA first... The 3 centers we often speak of Mayo, Cleveland and NEMC are each providing there expert care on 3 of our own today and all at just about the same time. There are 3 OR's, 3 teams and 3 HCMA members benefiting from the hard work of the HCMA and our many members of this wonderful message board community. May they all have a successful day and may they all (Dr's, patient's, and support staff) know how wonderful we think they ALL are!!

Best wishes to ALL on this historic day...which also happens to be my first day of no longer having a "day job" in HR!

Peace to all,
                          Lisa
                          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                          Currently not obstructed
                          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Hena, Laura, & Connie,

Best wishes & my prayers are with you all. I'm sure you will all do great. I can hardly wait to hear from you all!

My best,

John
                            41 years old. Diagnosed with HOCM in Feb 2005. Myectomy at Mayo on June 8, 2005

Comment

Hi All,

Hena was to have her myectomy today, July 19th, along with Laura and Connie...

We've heard how Laura and Connie are doing... has anyone heard from Hena at the NEMC and how her myectomy is going? Please post if you have any info... you know how we all await word on this. I'm surely not the only one who is concerned with how she is doing.

Thanks,

Jim
                              "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X