If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My surgery at Cleveland is July 18th

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

eatwell Find out more about eatwell
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuart Schwartz
    replied
    Laura,

Soon you will find out just how clean you need to be.
    That special soap the night before.

Remember, go easy on Gary.

Barbara & I wish you the best & you are in our prayers.

Stuart

Leave a comment:

• angall
    replied
    Hi Laura
    When I had my first myectomy, I had a complete dental exam while I was in NIH in Bethesda, MN.
    The reason for this is because they want to make sure there are no cavities and to get your teeth cleaned because of bacteria.

I'm glad to hear that your husband will be keeping us update.

Before you know it, you'll be feeling so much better.

Take care, you will be in my prayers.

Leave a comment:

• eatwell
    replied
    thanks everyone. although i am indeed a bit anxious, God has given me peace. I'll update more when I get to cleveland. My catheterization is now thursday as I meet with the pre-op team and Dr. Lytle on Friday, and I have to get my teeth cleaned friday afternoon. due to suddeness, I couldn't get in this week with my own dentist. My 6 month check-up was January and it's up tomorrow, so I guess Dr lytle is a stickler about this and wants them clean before I go in. This attention to detail does give me reassurance that the man leaves no room for error.

my husband, gary will post my progress. he's not the best typist so realize he will be a man short on words, but I told him that you all will be awaiting news and to not leave you hanging too long for progress updates.

more soon, laura

Leave a comment:

• Debbie
    replied
    Laura,

Best of luck to you with your surgery. I'll be waiting to hear how you do.

Debbie

Leave a comment:

• ConnieM
    replied
    Laura,

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Waiting is the worst for me I will be having mine on the 19th.

Connie and John

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied
    Jim

You are riot, i needed that laugh i have 7 kids in my pool right now and had to pull them all out for playing a little rough, i guess now this NaNa is mean but there was 3 boys ganging up on one

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• mtlieb
    replied
    Laura,

Let's not think of your case as complicated or unusual... let's just call you special! That's what my parents used to call me anyway, but now that I think about it they may have meant something else entirely.

Your heart couldn't be in better hands (literally) than Dr. Lytle's. Rest assured that if there is any way possible to avoid replacing that valve, he will find it.... and if he says it will probably have to be replaced, then you can feel confident that a lot of thought and care has gone into that decision. The good folks in Cleveland do everything in their power to make sure you leave there with everything you came with. (I'm still missing a sock, though).

Please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• angall
    replied
    Laura
    I can not speak from experience because my surgeries (myectomys) were performed in the National Institues of Health in Bethesda (1973) and at St. Mary's Hospital/Mayo Clinic (2000).

I have read many posts where people expressed their satisfaction and very good experiences at Cleveland.

I will include you in my prayers.

Please keep us updated.

Take care

Leave a comment:

• Eileen2345
    replied
    Laura,

I am thinking of you and praying for you during this time.

When I was at CCF, the young lady in the room next to me had a mitral valve replacement and her surgery was very successful.

You are in the best hands.

Enjoy your vacation and let us know how everything is going when you can.

All the best,
    Eve

Leave a comment:

• michael obrien
    replied
    Laura.I know that everything is moving so fast,but sometimes that is a blessing in itself. if I spend to much time thinking about something Im afraid of, it only makes me more anxious.I will keep you in my prayers and look forward to a good report.take care mike

Leave a comment:

• Pam Alexson
    replied
    Laura,

Will be thinking of you while you prepare. Who will be posting to let us know how you are doing? Good thoughts being sent your way.

Pam

Leave a comment:

• Stuart Schwartz
    replied
    Laura

I know this is all happening pretty quick, but sometimes that good. Less time to think about it.

If you liked Dr. Lever, I know you'll feel very comfortable when you meet Dr. Lytle. He is just as caring & as personable to talk with as Dr. Lever.

You're in our thoughts,
    Stuart

Leave a comment:

• Joyce Leinart
    replied
    Hi Laura,
    That certainly is a lot of information to process all at once. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. May God bless you with healing and a sense of peace.
    Have a great vacation in TN and beware of the humidity and if you drive through Knoxville do not repeat do not roll your windows down as the pollution sometimes gets very bad in the valley.
    Sincerely,
    Joyce

Leave a comment:

• Dorothy
    replied
    Laura,

Being treated as a "Princess" once in awhile isn't bad at all! Everyone should be treated as a princess or prince from time to time. I'm sending my best for you for your upcoming procedure. Cleveland is a great place to be; but then, we've had the comparisons discussed before. I will be celebrating my fifth Cleveland myectomy anniversary on Aug. 2. Best to you. And, tell Gary that you should be treated as a princess always!

Leave a comment:

• Tigger1
    replied
    Laura,
    Things happen quickly at CCF. I was scheduled for surgery before I had even seen a Dr. at Cleveland. They could tell just from looking at all the test results I sent them from my Cincinnati Dr's.

You will be in great hands from the minute you arrive till the time you leave. You are in my prayers and thoughts every day. Enjoy your vacation and keep that positive mental attitude. The road to feeling better has started...

Tigger1

Leave a comment:

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X