If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myectomy Incision Question - One Year

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

mtlieb Find out more about mtlieb
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scars... the issue comes up every so often. There are many ways to deal with scars. Jim if yours is still bothering you I would suggest seeing a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. I have had several scars that were big and red years later (original pacemaker, Hickman cath in my chest from endocarditis... and a few assorted others ) I have had steroid injections in the scars - burns like heck for about 20 minutes and then slowly over the next week or so the read is gone and the scar thins.

If it bothers you please take action... I would say you look fine either way...BUT you blew us off this year at the meeting so how would I know NO NO I am not hurt or anything Really I am over it now :P

Take care all!
    Lisa
    Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
    YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
    lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
    Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
    Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
    Currently not obstructed
    Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Dang... there should be a limit on how many smiley's you can put in one post woman. LoL.

My incision is not really bothering me, I only wanted input as to what it should look like at this point in time, from other folks who have had myectomies. I was a bit confused by all this talk of thin white lines from the newbies, but it sounds actually like I am healing just fine. I appreciate all the responses.

Thanks everyone.

Jim
      "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen2345
        Oh yeah, mine is noticeable. But it is not really that bad. It looks like someone took a redish-brown thin marker and drew a line down my chest.
        Eileen, it sounds like you are doing great! By the way, my dermatologist says that an incision of this kind is considered 'fresh' for about 18 months after surgery. You are less than 2 months out... so if your scar already looks good then you will have no problems at all.

Jim

Comment

Try getting some Vitamin E capsules and busting them open to rub on the scar it really made mine look better... I did this several times a day and it really helped...

Christy
          I pray that God will place his loving arms around you and hold you in the comfort of his love.

Comment

I love all this BOOBY talk...

Tigger1
            " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger1
              I love all this BOOBY talk...
              Easy there, big fella... I'm not having breast augmentation done for you!

Comment

Don't have to be just for women as far as the vitamin E it works on all scars on both men and women...LOL

Christy
                aka momataz
                I pray that God will place his loving arms around you and hold you in the comfort of his love.

Comment

Christy,

The Vitamin E is a great suggestion, thank you. Please forgive all the talk of boobies in the thread lately. Boys will be boys I guess... although now that I think about it, it was Ronnie who started this all! LoL.

I have to admit though, when I performed my internet searches for incision photos to compare mine to, the predominant surgery that came up every time was breast augmentation. I had no idea they were so popular! Not breasts I mean... I already knew they were fairly popular. I just hadn't realized how common the surgery was.

Well, there goes another thread into the gutter.

Jim

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                  X