If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 week check-up

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Eileen2345 Find out more about Eileen2345
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 week check-up

Hi Everyone

While we are all waiting for an update on Lisa, I thought I would mention my check-up today at the cardiologist.

Tomorrow it will be 7 weeks since my Myectomy.

I had an echo done today and OMG!!!
    My pressure gradient is 14mmhg (down from 107 resting)
    My ejection fraction is 61% (at one time it was 84%)

YAY!!!

The tech said I still have some SAM, the echo technician said that it will probably reduce in time. She said that the heart is used to pumping that way and it will take a while for the SAM to completely stop. Is that correct?

The cardiologist upped my Verapamil to 240mg sustained release because my heart rate was about 98bpm. (Which is what Dr. Lever wanted to do, but I am the one who said no, I wanted to take only 160mg.)
    My cardiologist here said I look like I am doing very well. He did not review all of the echo however. (It was a short echo.)
    He said I still have a small murmur, but he said it was nothing like before.

I am still sore in my chest area, but the doctor said that is normal.

So all in all everything is really good!!
    I am so happy about my pressure gradient!!

Now we can go back to waiting for an update from Richard, Lisa's husband.

Hugs to All,
    Eve
    49 yrs. old
    Diagnosed at 31.
    Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
    First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
    Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
    Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
    My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
    2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

I'm glad you're feeling so well!

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Eve

That is great news!!!!!!!

Shirley
      Diagnosed 2003
      Myectomy 2-23-2004
      Husband: Ken
      Son: John diagnosed 2004
      Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

8 is the magic number for many... at 8 weeks healing has really kicked in and your chest should feel much better.

Take care,
        Lisa
        h
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Septal Reduction (Myectomy/Alcohol septal ablation/other)

Eve,

Confuscius say: "Continued Well Healing In Your Future!"
          Dorothy

Diagnosed 1996, Myectomy Aug. 2000, 3 Radio-frequency ablations for a-fibs 2003-2005.

Comment

Eve,

Great news to hear! I'm glad you are feeling so much better. I can't believe it's been 7 weeks already. Yesterday was my 2 week aniversary and I am feeling pretty dang good. My chest is still tight, but I am walking a lot everyday. Keep taking care of yourself!

John
            41 years old. Diagnosed with HOCM in Feb 2005. Myectomy at Mayo on June 8, 2005

Comment

Septal Reduction (Myectomy/Alcohol septal ablation/other)

John,

Confuscius very busy sending "Well Wishes!" Next will be Lisa's turn to know!
              Dorothy

Diagnosed 1996, Myectomy Aug. 2000, 3 Radio-frequency ablations for a-fibs 2003-2005.

Comment

Eve ,

Great news at your check -up. Things will get better and better I am convinced . You have come a long way indeed!!

Pam
                Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Eileen,

Sounds so good. I am glad you are feeling so good and beleive me that soreness will go away. Remember that they cut you open and then they spread you chest open and with all of that it is going to be sore.

Take care and keep on getting better.....

Christy
                  I pray that God will place his loving arms around you and hold you in the comfort of his love.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                  X