If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheesecake

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Stuart Schwartz Find out more about Stuart Schwartz
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheesecake

Just thought that if we ask about cheesecake, someone might just comment about doctors & the Mayo Clinic or Cleveland Clinic.
    Cleveland Myectomy Club
    August 31, 2004

funny man!

mayomayomayo

Comment

I don't really like mayo on my cheesecake....its moist enough with all of that filling.
      Daughter of Father with HCM
      Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
      Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
      ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
      Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

Stuart,

Now come on we all know the best Cheesecake in the world is in NYC so of couse if you are a cheesecake lover you need to see Dr. Sherrid at St. Lukes

Ya know it is not all about Cleveland and Mayo!

lisa
        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
        Currently not obstructed
        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I’ve been wondering just how long it would take to get someone with real taste in here.

"NEW YORK CHEESECAKE" send all over the world!

Chicago is only known for pizza. And they know nothing about HCM.
          Cleveland Myectomy Club
          August 31, 2004

Comment

You forgot Chicago hot dogs. We are known for them as well.

We are also the home of Jay's potato chips.

And Brach's candy.

I have met two doctors who know HCM here, just for the record.

S

Comment

Come to Cincinnati for great pizza (LaRosa's) and the best chili in the world (Skyline). Great cheese coneys, 3-ways and 4-ways...

Tigger1
              " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Yes, I LOVE Skyline chili. I was hoping to go to the annual meeting this year in part so Tim could bring some to me! Unfortunately I wasn't able to come, but I'm expecting chili next year.

Reenie
                Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

This thread is bringing out some important points.

1) Most doctors know more about cheesecake then HCM.

Food for thought
                  Cleveland Myectomy Club
                  August 31, 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger1
                    Great cheese coneys, 3-ways and 4-ways...
                    Does that cost extra, or are the folks there just really really friendly?

I'm coming to Cincinnati baby!

"Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Tigger1 , how could you forget Graeters Ice Cream?! There is no better ice cream and I've lived quite a few places.

As for skyline chili, that cinnamon doesn't belong in chili, but I have to admit, it's grown on me some over the years (having it once a year maybe).

Laura
                      Dx: HOCM 1991, Myectomy/Mitral Valve Repair @CCF July 19, 2005. Wife and Mom of two: ages 5 and 3.

Comment

It sounds like we need a new forum just for food!

While we are at it, maybe everyone should come here to get real Chinese food. It is truly fantastic. I just had some wonderful jiaozi for lunch. (look it up)

Rhoda

Comment

Jiaozi ! Oh-me-oh-my-oh!
                          --Living life on the edge .. of a continent!
                          Charter member: Tinman Club

Comment

Jim,
                            A 3-way is spaghetti with chili and cheese on top. A 4-way is spaghetti with chili, onions and cheese on top. A 5-way is spaghetti with chili, onions, beans and cheese on top. And I did forget Graeters ice cream, double chocolate chip is the best in the universe...

Tigger1

Welcome to Cincinnati
                            " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Okay, I don't think I'm recommending this! (but then again I never tried it...) Reading over tourist/visitor info for southern Minnesota yesterday while at the hotel, I saw that one of the local summer festivals listed "deep fried cheesecake" among the specialties. (Along with deep fried Oreos.) Well, we didn't expect Minnesota to be the cheesecake capital did we??

Lisa Inman

Comment

Working...
                              X