If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eve is in surgery

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Ro Find out more about Ro
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eve is in surgery

Hello all,

This is Ro, Eve's mom. She went into surgery at 10:30 a.m. It will take around 6 hours, so they said.

She almost passed out in the hotel room this morning.....nerves I guess. She said it wan't heart related, that she can tell the difference. Of course I'm pretty much a basket case too.

I finally found a computer that will cooperate with me, so I will skoot over here from time to time to let you know how it goes.

Prayers and good thoughts are deeply appreciated.
    Grace and kindness make powerful ripples in the world.

Ro,

Thank you for posting the update on Eve. There are quite a few folks around here who will be checking in throughout the day to see how she is doing. She has many friends here.

Jim
    "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Dear Ro,
      My heart felt prayers are with you, your lovely daughter Eve, and all the wonderful medical professionals caring for her right this very moment. I ask God to send special angels to watch over the surgery and be with your to comfort you through this difficult time of waiting. Know that many wonderful souls will be praying for you and your daughter through out the day.

Gods Speed!
      Blessings and Love,
      Sharon Bates

Comment

Eve,
        We are with you every step of the way girl. You deserve to feel better. Glad to hear 'mom' is with you through all this.

Ro, please keep us updated on how Eve is doing. Many thoughts and prayers with you both and your family.

Hugs
        Pam
        It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with both of you today. Please keep us updated on her progress!

Reenie
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Thoughts, prayers and big hugs to you. Keep us up to date please. We all care..

Pam
            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Ro- Thanks so much for posting and letting us know that Eve has gone in for surgery.

I will continue to keep Eve, you and the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted!

Best wishes,
              Vinnie

Comment

Ro.

Thanks so much. Know that you are in our prayers.
                Peace,
                Leon
                God Squad co-moderator
                Nothing is as gentle as strength and nothing is as strong as gentleness

Comment

Eve made it through the surgery. I'm heading into ICu to see her now.
                  Grace and kindness make powerful ripples in the world.

Comment

Ro thank God she made it through surgery.I will cont.to pray for her. that she will have a swift and uneventful recovery.God bless you both.take care mike
                    One day at a time.

Comment

Prayers for a great night!

Glad Eve came out of surgery good. I will be praying that tonight she will have a good night without any problems! Keep us posted! Janet
                      My son James, Age 18, diagnosed in January, 05. AICD - 4/5/05 at Tufts NEMC. Myectomy -1/25/06 at NEMC. Currently having heart failure issues. James' father and uncle both have HCM and AICDs. James dad, Carlton, had Myectomy at Cleveland on 4/10/06. James Medtronic recalled lead fractured 5/26/11. Had Biventricular Cardiac Resynchronization AICD put in on 6/3/11 Emory Midtown.

Comment

Glad to hear she made it through the surgery. I hope that you both do well through the days and weeks ahead and that somehow through all of this she will be stronger, happier and more blessed than she ever dreamed possible. I pray for a quick recovery for her.

Rhoda

Comment

Ro

Thank you very much for the update and tell Eve tomorrow we are all here for her

Shirley
                          Diagnosed 2003
                          Myectomy 2-23-2004
                          Husband: Ken
                          Son: John diagnosed 2004
                          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Ro,

Sending my best wishes to you and Eve. I'm glad she came through surgery alright.

Thanks for taking time to come let us know how she's doing. I just want you both to know that I will be waiting to hear how she's doing.

Debbie

Comment

Ro,

So far so good. Glad to hear Eve is out of surgery and in ICU. Keep us updated. The prayers are flowing.

Tons of HUGS!

John
                              41 years old. Diagnosed with HOCM in Feb 2005. Myectomy at Mayo on June 8, 2005

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X