If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions for anyone who has been to Cleveland

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Eileen2345 Find out more about Eileen2345
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Eve,

I just wanted you to know that we are all thinking about you and your upcoming operation. I am sure its going to go well - you are at one of the best places. Just try to surround yourself with people of care about you. Your mom will be there so that is great. You will certainly need lots of rest after your operation.

Keep us updated on all the developments.

Take care of yourself,

Paul
    Age 38, dad of two young children, dx 1996, myectomy March 2005, a-fib issues, due for ICD soon.

Comment

Go for it Eve,
      You have an obligation to take care of yourself now, and you have to stay healthy for what lies ahead.

You go listen to Leanne now. She may be from down under, but she sure knows which way is up. There’s nothing wrong with her understanding.

Burt

Comment

I'M SICK!!!

Darn it. I woke up yesterday morning with this cold/virus thing that my kids had (actually my daughter is still sick, she has been sick since this past Sunday, it's now Thursday night).

Yesterday I was going to go up to my mom's house, but I got sick in the morning before I could go.

I hope I can get over this soon. I need to pack in a week from now.

Bummer.

And what really bites is that Ryan did not get it. (Of course, he was not taking care of the kids when they came down with this.)

I hope I can still go to Cleveland.

Thanks for listening everyone, and thank you so much for all of your support and the PMs. I am sorry I have not replied, I am so tired. But I honestly do appreciate all of you concern and information.

Hugs to All

Eve
        49 yrs. old
        Diagnosed at 31.
        Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
        First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
        Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
        Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
        My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
        2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Hi Eve,

Just try and get some rest so you can get over this flu thing. With luck you should shake it soon and get on with your myectomy. If the worst comes to worst they may just delay your myectomy for a few days. But sooner rather than later you will do the operation and that is something to look forward to.

I am even starting to feel better. Its taken almost a month, but my energy has improved and my migraines are starting to become less frequent. I can't tell if all my symptoms have improved, but I am certainly not getting any chest pain after big meals like I used to! This is THE first major benefit I have noticed from the operation. I'm still not sure if the SOB is gone, but hey at least I've made it this far. SO, if I can do it so can you!

Best of luck and keep us posted on how things are going.

Take care,

Paul
          Age 38, dad of two young children, dx 1996, myectomy March 2005, a-fib issues, due for ICD soon.

Comment

hi eve,Im sorry that you have to go through all this right now.I like what burt said,and I agree with him.It is not easy to accept what is happening in your life,but you must cont.to pray and push forward.you have the myectomy scheduled,and you should definetely make some time to head down to the shore.sometimes when we are at our lowest point things change for the better.this might be the beginning of a new and exciting chapter in your life.God bless you and I will keep you in my daily prayers.also dont stop reaching out to your hcma family we care and want whats is best for you take care mike
            One day at a time.

Comment

Eve,

I so sorry you are having to deal with you husband at this time. This is your time to get better, and believe me, Dr. Nick Smedira is the person who can make you feel so much better. Dr. Smedira performed my myectomy and double by pass last March 18, 2004. I can't believe how much better I feel and how much more I can do. I just turned 65 and am looking forward to living with much more quality of life than I thought was possible just one year ago.

You will love Drs. Lever and Smedira, they are the best. The nurses in CICU are awesome also, I know I was there for 26 days. (I had a massive infection) But don't worry you'll do fine. If I had to do it all over again, I'd walk in CCF today and do it.

God Bless you,

Ralph

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
              X