If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mom's Cox-Maze & Myectomy April 6

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Proximus Find out more about Proximus
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim,

I'm glad you got some time off... don't feel guilty about it... you need it, too.

I'm glad your mom is progressing well, and I hope the white count thing will prove to be a small issue.

Debbie

Comment

Jim,

I hope your mom is doing better every day. Somehow I've missed your posts - I guess I've been caught up in my own recovery process - which has been tough. Your mom WILL start feeling much better. I had all kinds of problems and glitches when I was in hospital last month for my myectomy. I was also battling fever, but thankfully it didn't develop.

Keep us posted buddy.

Paul
      Age 38, dad of two young children, dx 1996, myectomy March 2005, a-fib issues, due for ICD soon.

Comment

Sorry for the late update, but SHE DID IT! She's home now! Came home Wednesday. They sent her home with a stockpile of prescriptions, mainly diuretics, because she's still retaining fluid in her legs. But all is well! She's feeling great. She's tired, but that's normal. The best part of all, she's off ALL HEART MEDS. NO MORE TOPROL! YAY! AND, even better, SHE'S IN SINUS RHYTHM! Amazing! Anyway... I'm tired and am gonna go to bed. And, I gotta say this--I know everyone recommends Mayo or Cleveland, but Dr. Damiano at Barnes-Jewish was an amazing doctor, the care she received was exceptional, and the results are spectacular. So, if people are looking for a place to get a myectomy, I would seriously consider Dr. Ralph Damiano and Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.

-Jim

Comment

YES!!!

This is fantastic news!!!!

I wish your mom continued improvement and good health.

What a wonderful blessing. I am so happy for you all.

All the best,
          Eve
          49 yrs. old
          Diagnosed at 31.
          Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
          First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
          Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
          Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
          My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
          2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Jim

That is such great news , I know she has to feel better now just being home in her own bed

Shirley
            Diagnosed 2003
            Myectomy 2-23-2004
            Husband: Ken
            Son: John diagnosed 2004
            Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Jim, What great news!!!!! Hopefully you are ALL sleeping better now and mom can be so much more comfortable in her OWN bed....I'll be thinking of her and wishing that each day be a better one Steph
              Had myectomy on March 1 2005 and was implanted w/an ICD on April 28 2005....please refer to me now as the Bionic Woman

Comment

Working...
              X