If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alcohol Ablation

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Janet McClure Single mother to two amazing kids. James is 13 and has HCM. Emily is 11 and recovering from TBI. Find out more about Janet McClure
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alcohol Ablation

My exhusband is having an alcohol ablation done this Thursday in Durham, NC. My kids are concerned and wanted to know a little bit of info about it. Those of you who have had it hopefully can help. They wanted to know how long he will be in the hospital and if he will spend any time in ICU. What is the recovery time for this procedure. How long before you can start doing some normal activities. He has been pretty much unable to do anything for a while. My son was diagnosed back in January so he is really interested in how is dad does. Thanks for the info! Janet
    My son James, Age 18, diagnosed in January, 05. AICD - 4/5/05 at Tufts NEMC. Myectomy -1/25/06 at NEMC. Currently having heart failure issues. James' father and uncle both have HCM and AICDs. James dad, Carlton, had Myectomy at Cleveland on 4/10/06. James Medtronic recalled lead fractured 5/26/11. Had Biventricular Cardiac Resynchronization AICD put in on 6/3/11 Emory Midtown.

Here is a link to what they will do in the procedure. I'm sure you have no pull in what center he goes to or any other aspect of his medical care, but you might want to ask him to call Lisa. I'm not sure that Duke would have done enough of these on HCM hearts.

http://www.clevelandclinic.org/heart...hcm/movies.htm

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

I recently had it done see my post
      http://forum.4hcm.org/viewtopic.php?t=4141

As of right now I FEEL GREAT

I have never felt this good, in any time that I can imagine. This is my 2nd week at work, and they are telling me to slow down because they are terrified not realizing how good I real feel.

I have 3 little "mosquito bites" for my surgery scars. 1 left leg, 1 right leg, 1 right arm.

I have so much energy and wanting to go do things, yet I hold myself back since the docs told me to take it easy for 3 months.

I can eat without pain or shortness of breath. So now I have no alarms telling me to stop. I'm concerned that I will gain weight, if I do not becareful watching my consumption without the alarm bells my body used to send me.

Time will tell how I feel in the future. Right now I have a new lease on life.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
      X