If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

myectomy sch dec 29 cleveland ????

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

JOE B Find out more about JOE B
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• myectomy sch dec 29 cleveland ????

hi newbe from buffalo ny . sch for myectomy dec 29 dr smedira 50at rest 167with exertion pos valve problems and blocked vesules diag june 30 2004 confored nov 17 cleveland dr thamilarasan ?????in reguard to surgery back ground 41 yo male went down fighting arson house fire at 5:15 am june 30 04 vol firefighter/ hazmat tech 20 +years was safety trainer and inspector for safety company till oct 04 put on stdisb
    Joseph D. Bethge

Re: myectomy sch dec 29 cleveland ????

Welcome Joseph,

I had my Myectomy at the Cleveland Clinic on August 31st.
    Dr Lytle & DR Smedira are the top 2 Myecytomy surgeons at CCF. You are in great hands.

Stuart Schwartz
    Cleveland Myectomy Club
    August 31, 2004

Comment

Hey, you have quite a story. You're in great hands. Best of luck.

Reenie
      Reenie

Husband has HCM.
      3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Hey Joe,

Had my myectomy in May 04. Dr Tham... is my Doc also. Cleveland is a great place to have your procedure done...

Tigger1
        " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Hi Joe,

I'm a newbie to the board too.

I'm scheduled for myectomy dec 9 or so at Cleveland Clinc also.
          Dr Lever is my doc, and Dr Smedira is the surgeon

My local cardio only wanted to an ICD, but we went to see Dr. Maron in Minnesota , and he recommended a myectomy..

I'll keep you updated.. Hopefully I do as a well as Stuart and Tigger

Take care,
          Edwin

Comment

Hi Joe,

I agree with Reenie, you do have quite a story.

I wish you all the best.

Hugs -- Eileen
            49 yrs. old
            Diagnosed at 31.
            Cardiac Arrest 2003, RF Ablation in AZ, no positive result -
            First ICD 2003 - In 2006 lead went bad, abandoned lead, threaded new one & new generator
            Myectomy 5-5-05 at The Cleveland Clinic - Dr. Lever & Dr. Smedira -heart surgeon.
            Currently have Grade 2 Diastolic Dysfunction with pulmonary hypertension & pulmonary edema.
            My brother passed away suddenly at 34 yrs old from HCM.
            2 teenage children, ages 17 and 15.

Comment

Hi Joseph.
              If you have any questions about the surgery and recovery, you can PM me (you too Edwin).
              My Myectomy was on 2/18 at New England Medical.
              I'm guessing you are a very determined individual, because you ended up in some of the best hands an HCM patient can be in.
              Fx

Comment

hi joe nice to know somebody from buff. ny that shares the same problem you will be fine in my case in feb of 01 septal alabation was the new treatment now i wish i had the myectomy but never fear these docs are the very best mine is dr. lever was dr.asher before he went to the fla.location dr.tezcu did my alablation and dr.chung put the pacer in i see them every year and they make the cardios in buffalo or anywhere else years ahead as treatment goes dont have my profile ready yet but you can email me at [email protected] good luck to you

Comment

Joe
                  Good for you, for being so vigilant, you've made a good decision, having a myectomy. There are plenty of us here, as you can see with the myectomy experience, so that can be reassuring. Let us know about any questions & concerns.
                  My prayers are with you.
                  RONNIE

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Working...
                  X