If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My alcohol ablation

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

MarthaLea Find out more about MarthaLea
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My alcohol ablation

I just wanted to update everyone on what's been going on with me. I have been in contact with Lisa about finding doctors, etc. We went to San Antonio to see an awesome doctor and then made a visit to the doctor my cardiologist had suggested in Houston. I truly believe God takes care of us if we allow Him so when we saw the doctor in Houston, it seemed to fit. I was scheduled for the alcohol ablation on Tues morning at Methodist Hospital in Houston. We got to Houston on Monday and the nightmare started. Nothing was correct, even down to our hotel room. It really freaked me out. I won't go into all the details but we agreed to meet our doctor the next morning at Ben Taub and "talk" about going ahead. I don't know if I can say names here but I would SHOUT this doctor's praises if its possible. I not only had the alcohol ablation but it was exactly by the books. The success was immediate. The hospital staff was awesome, helpful, concerned.... I have nothing but praise for the care I received. I have been home two days and have been trying to "take it easy". It has been so long since I felt this good. I can breathe. I slept in my own bed the past two nights.
    Thank you so much for your support. This is an awesome group!
    Martha
    Diagnosed Dallas, Baylor Med 2001
    Septal Alcohol Ablation Houston 2004
    Scheduled for Myectomy Hopkins Aug 12

Watch out world, I'm gettin' FIXED!!!

Re: My alcohol ablation

Martha,

So glad to hear all went so well.

Stuart
    Cleveland Myectomy Club
    August 31, 2004

Comment

Isn't it an amazing miracle? I had my ablation May 2003, and I have been doing better and better. Take it slow to begin with and then start getting active----

I've been taking 8 mile hikes!!!!!

Caroline Paulson

Comment

Martha,

Great news! I'm so glad to hear that your ablation went well and that you are already feeling better. Thank God you were able to get such good care. It's a real kick when you finally start feeling like your old self again isn't it? I think sometimes when our symptoms are getting the best of us, we actually forget what it's like to feel good!

Thanks again for posting your wonderful news.

Jim
        "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

AWESOME!!!

Keep us posted, and I hope you continue to do so great.

Debbie

Comment

Working...
          X