If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ablation procedure

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Scott Stanley Find out more about Scott Stanley
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ablation procedure

Hello to everybody. Sorry I haven't posted very much since coming aboard, but I have been trying to keep myself busy in getting somethings done. I'm going up to Mayo on Wed to have an ablation surgery to see if this will get rid of the afibs. I'm alittle nervous about this one because I told Cheri that I didn't know if I could handle another one, this will be my fifth procedure the last one being done 6 years ago. The summer has gone pretty well with one big set back about two months age when I really screwed up my diet and landed my self in KU Med Center to lose about 10lbs and get out of failure. The bad thing is I told Chase our youngest that I would go to the ball game with him, it is so hard to break a promise to a four year old. Besides that I have had my good days and bad days, so hopefully this will work and I will regain some of my energy back.

Thanks for listening
    Scott
    Scott Stanley

Heart Transplant June 14th 2005

Re: Ablation procedure

Scott,

I was just thinking of your upcoming ablation the other day. I know it's disappointing about not being able to do some things with your children, but he will eventually understand. At that age, they can bounce back from any disappointment. I wish you the best and my prayers are with you and your family

Sincerely,
    Cynthia
    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Hi Scott

You had 6 procedures? Were they all ablations? I know how nervous a person can get. I'm a little nervous every time I have to have a procedure done, too. I go to the Mayo for HCM & ICD. They are very professional with a lot of knowledge in doing their procedures. You are in very good hands.
      I agree with Cynthia...children do bounce back in no time at all.

You and your family are in my prayers
      Esther

Comment

Scott, best wishes and please keep us posted - Linda

Comment

Angall-
          Actually this will be my fifth ablation, first one was done in Omaha and the last ones will all have been down by either Dr. Friedman and or Dr. Packard. I agree with your comments about Mayo I go there for HCM,CHF,Pulmonary and Ondine's Curse. So you my say I really trust their care. Plus the town of Rochester is a really neat town. I still have to write a list of people for Cheri to contact after my procedure and than I better get ready for my TEE today.

Thanks Scott
          Scott Stanley

Comment

Good Luck, Scott. Alan & I will be thinking about you and Cheri!!

Comment

Best wishes!! I hope all goes well for you!!!

Lisa
              Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
              YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
              lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
              Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
              Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
              Currently not obstructed
              Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Well I'm in a holding pattern for now. They found a blood clot in my left atrium this morning when doing the TEE, so we will wait to hear from the doc's if we are still going up to Rochester or stay here and go insane. This stuff has been really getting to me lately. I just wish somebody would give me alittle luck.
                Scott Stanley

Comment

Scott:
                  I'm sorry to hear about your delay. Everything happens for a reason. I wish I could give you some luck, but I haven't had any lately. I will keep you in my prayers that the blood clot can be dissolved and it's nothing servious. Also, that you can finally have your procedure without any more delays. I know waiting is worse than the procedure, but hang in there.
                  Esther

Comment

Scott, best of luck to you, Cheri, and the kiddos. I'm sending prayers high for you right now.

Reenie

PS: I'm so glad for the TEE to let you know that it's a problem. Otherwise you might be sitting there with a clot and then have a massive stroke. We're here for you.
                    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
                    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Scott,

another hurdle to cross...things will get better...best of luck
                      \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Scott,

I'm sorry to hear of your latest setback. I know how very discouraging it is to be hit with one thing after another, and i hope that they can get things straightened out for you real soon.

Hang in there,

Jim
                        "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Scott , I am really sorry to hear of these problems. as if 1 problem is not enough must there always be a pig pile of them? I am looking for some good luck for you. If I see a rainbow or anything I will wish on it for you.

Let's just look upon this as a little bump in the road and it did not flatten any tires, your still navigating along and soon the pavement will be smooth. Good thoughts for you and your family.

Pam
                          Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                          Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                          Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                          SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                          [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                          Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                          Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                          Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Well we are staying in humid Kansas for awhile. Mayo called this morning and said they can't do the procedure. So we are waiting to hear from my doc at KU Med Center to figure out why I clot so bad after having a protime of 2.8 and being on warfarin 5mg, full asprin and plavix. So I will keep on playing the waiting game.
                            Scott Stanley

Comment

Hi Scott,
                              Here’s another wrinkle to keep your eye on. (Please do not picture this.)

After my fourth heart cath last year I was on Plavix and a full 5 grain aspirin every day. Very quickly thereafter my hemorrhoids, which had been fixed years earlier and had been behaving themselves, flared up and began to bleed again. There was no coping with it, and after months of dragging around, I was all set to have surgery on them – again.

Just before that happened, the six months of required Plavix use were up, and I stopped it. Within days I was once again a happy camper. Be advised that the thinning of your blood is probably required because of the clotting situation, but be on guard for any unusual bleeding, especially in the GI tract – from one end to the other. You might also consider going extra softly with your toothbrush, especially around your gums. (Also, pardon me, but check your stool for changes in color or consistency.) If unusual bleeding occurs anywhere, check in with your doctor.

We do find all kinds of ingenious ways of amusing ourselves, don’t we?
                              Burt

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X