If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim's Myectomy

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Friend Find out more about Friend
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jim's Myectomy

We're so happy Jim!!! and glad everything went well - think you can beat Dylan's record time out of the hospital?
    Dee, Mom to Dylan
    (Almost 7 yrs old, HOCM, Endocarditis/Stroke 1/01, Myectomy/Valve Repair 4/04)

Comment

That record was never in any danger of being broken by me, Dee! I'm an old man of 41 years here
      "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Hey Jim, glad to see you back on the board. We've all been rooting for you. Things must be going pretty good, you haven't lost your sense of humor..yet. I've heard you really can't tell how bad you were feeling until you feel better, but then again.. You sounded pretty bad before myectomy so that' not the case I'm sure. Keep up the positive attitude and you'll be back to chasing extra terrestrials in no time. Take care and keep us posted. Steve.

Comment

Hey Jim,
          If you catch any extra terrestrials - I could use another cleaning lady that does windows. That is if you have any 'extra' terrestrials.

Now go back to work healing. It was bad enough when you were chasing nurses - now it's terrestrials?
          Burt

PS Have you been 'pumped dry' yet?

Comment

Jim,

I'm so happy that your surgery went off without delay this time around and that you are doing well.

Best wishes for a continued successful recovery,
            Lynn
            Lynn Stewart
            HOCM 4/2002
            Cleveland Myectomy Crew 8/2002

Comment

Glad to see you finally have this behind you. We have all been cheering for you. Have a speedy recovery. Hope you are feeling much better.

Take care
              Pam
              It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived.

Dx in Feb/99. Obstructed. No ICD, no surgeries, no family history. 2 sons ages 14 and 6.

Comment

Jim,

I have a hard time figuring out when things were posted over there with the the 12 hour time zone difference, but it looks to me like it's been more than 24 hours since we last heard from you. I hope that does not mean that you are feeling worse. Please let us know how you are doing, if you feel able.

Rhoda

Comment

You are correct Rhoda Jim is a little over an hour past his 24 hour ago post. Jim what's going on ? I hope you are just catching up or busy walking and resting. Heck maybe they kicked him out of the hospital he was doing so good . Let's hope that is what happened. He is heading into his 5th day post -op. I think most of us aimed for 5. Complications kept me there 7. So here is hoping Jim is making the trek home , to his sweet home. Pam
                  Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                  Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                  Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                  SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                  [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                  Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                  Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                  Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Hey Everybody!

There's just the one old computer here on the floor, and it is always busy, so some nights i just don't get to post to you all like i wish i could. I am still doing great... in fact i was scolded by one nurse yesterday for being 'on the go' a little too much. The nurses can never find me when they want me. LoL. They would normally want to release me tomorrow (day five), but since i am a 'live alone' case, i think i might get an extra day or two just to be safe. I would actually much prefer that myself, rather than take any chances of being back in here anytime soon.

Take care all,

Jim

Comment

P.S. I finally remembered to bring my phone number along with me this trip out to the computer. Sorry Mary! It is (216) 444-1633. I'm in room G80-07

Comment

Jim , Iam glad you got on . You were awol there and had a few of us scratching our heads . Where do you hide from the nurses? You had me laughing about getting scolded by a nurrse. My 76 year old roomate and I were scolded too and told we were to go to bed and she stood there giving us a breath in breath out yoga lesson! We giggled when she left because she had done nothing to help us get ready for bed . So we could not settle in. I got all twisted up in my lines and had to disconnect my telemetry to get my Johnny back on she caught me when another nurse who was very nice and not a nurse Crathett was helping me, because all the alarms were sounding .My roomie had had her gall bladder out, next day had a heart attack and the next day had quadrupple bi-pass. I had had my myectomy was in a-fib and on an amiodorone drip awaiting cardioversion. We were just happy to be breathing and by no means hooping it up. This nurse was just the exception and I think she was just having a bad night. Keep
                        doing well buddy. Pam
                        Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                        Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                        Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                        SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                        [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                        Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                        Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                        Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

JIM

Ok now lets get out of there, i can understand them wanting u to stay because of living alone, who is taking you home? I know you're a grown man but i hope you have someone taking you home, and make sure you get out from time to time to walk and stretch your legs i only live 2 hours away from where i had surgery and my hubby stopped twice, i know it looked funny i went home in a duster, or what my mother would call a moo moo, don't laugh too much cause it does hurt

Shirley
                          Diagnosed 2003
                          Myectomy 2-23-2004
                          Husband: Ken
                          Son: John diagnosed 2004
                          Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Great news Jim. Glad to here your going home soon. It Will be 4 weeks for me on Monday. Because of a-fib they kept me 10 days. I was on G 101-06 and my nurses were great. I had a 5 hour trip home. They stopped 5 times for me to get out. Have you had that first sneeze yet. That will put you into the twi-light zone. Good luck and keep us posted...

Patrick Ekardt
                            (Tigger1)
                            " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Hey All,

Just talked to Jim he seemed in really good spirits. His nurses seem to think he's overdoing it a little bit. Typical for us HCMers right . He is taking it easy today and trying to get a little shut eye. He is also craving Pizza Hut! It is so great to see him getting the treatment he deserves!

Mary S.

Comment

we will try to give jim a call today. our home computer is down
                                (earthlink ARGGGGG and dont know when it will be up, so I came into work for a few minutes to see what is going on. Glad to see Jim doing
                                so well!

sandy

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                                X