If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim's Myectomy

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Friend Find out more about Friend
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jim's Myectomy

Thanks Laura for the update on Jim. Today will probably be his roughest as I recall... ouch, ouch!!!!! When you talk to him remind him that Pam said day 3 , think about day 3. Dr. Maron kept reminding me and it helped me block out my silly expectations and hold onto that thought. He was right as he kept saying "who told you day 3 would be better Pam?" Give him my best and a little hug if he can stand it. Pam
    Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
    Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
    Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
    SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
    [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
    Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
    Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
    Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

UPDATE:

Good news! Jim's Mom just called to say that he looks great this morning. He did not need a fibrillator and he did not need a mitral valve adjustment, so the procedure consisted only of the septum reduction.

He will be moved to nursing tonight. He is quite concerned that you all get the updates, your support is very important to him.

Thanks again,
      Cousin Laura

Comment

Iam glad everything went so great, and i know he will feel better as the days go by and yes he will be up and about by day three i think it's because they get you up more out of that bed and that makes a big differance getting up and moving, it takes some of the stiffness away

Shirley
        Diagnosed 2003
        Myectomy 2-23-2004
        Husband: Ken
        Son: John diagnosed 2004
        Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Day 3 was great. However, Day 4 sucked. Go figure!
          Laura, tell Jim we can't wait till he's giving us the updates. Till then, thank you so very much.
          Also, tell Jim I was very impressed with Dr. Lever at the annual meeting. I think he is in great hands.
          Fx

Comment

Until Jim feels well enough to take over from me, I am over here doing a little happy dance!

Daughter of Father with HCM
            Diagnosed with HCM 1999.
            Full term pregnancy - Son born 11/01
            ICD implanted 2/03; generator replaced 2/2005 and 2/2012
            Myectomy 8/11/06 - Joe Dearani - Mayo Clinic.

Comment

With so many of our board members getting the right treatment and feeling so much better, maybe we ought to have a party!

Reenie

Reenie

Husband has HCM.
              3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

PARTY

JUST TELL ME WHEN AND WHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shiley
                Diagnosed 2003
                Myectomy 2-23-2004
                Husband: Ken
                Son: John diagnosed 2004
                Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Laura... Jim had exactly what I had 3 weeks ago. Happy to hear the great news. No matter how crappy he feels for the next few days, he will start to feel better. I still have trouble sleeping, only because I just can't sleep on my back. Make sure he has lots of pillows when he gets home. How far does he have to travel to get home. I was driven 4 1/2 hours to Cincinnati, stopping every hour to get out and walk around. The long ride was worth it when I finally got home to see my 3 daughters. Good luck and keep us posted. E-mail me if you have any questions.

Patrick Ekardt
                  (Tigger1)
                  [email protected]

Did somebody say PARTY...
                  " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

It is wonderful that Jim is recovering nicely. May he not have any problems in that area. After all, he's had enough just getting to this point! May he continue to gain strength, so we can all know from him what his experience was like.

As far as that party goes, Jim should bring some samples of all the cheesecakes!

Jim, continue to get well. And, get to a computer!!!!!!
                    Dorothy

Diagnosed 1996, Myectomy Aug. 2000, 3 Radio-frequency ablations for a-fibs 2003-2005.

Comment

Jim,

We are all here rooting for you!!! We will pray for a good day today and a better one tomorrow and no downhills from there.

Rhoda

Comment

Laura, Thanks so much for the updates. Lots of prayers and well wishes for Jim - Linda

Comment

Jim,

I'm so happy for you! Hopefully we will both start feeling better together. If there would have been anyway possible I would have been up there rooting you on.

I can't wait till you get a room with a phone! I'll be calling in on you often. Except it won't be from my hospital bed!

You are a very special person to me and I wish you all the best!

Mary S.

Comment

Jim,
                            I hope you heal up really quickly. I figured you knew how glad I am at hearing Cousin Laura’s remarks about how well you are coming along. I wasn’t going to post until you got your sorry butt to a terminal yourself, but I just couldn’t hold out any longer.

I wish you a smooth path ahead, and renewed health to follow your dreams – and all that mushy stuff guys don’t say to one another. Your number one project as of now is to heal quickly and well.

Cousin Laura – Thank you for your posts. They are greatly appreciated. Jim has a lot of friends here – and I mean a lot.
                            Burt

Comment

Jim, I am so glad that someone has finaly been able to help you and make it so you will stary feeling good again. Hope your recovery is speedy.

Laura, thanks so much for keeping the up dates comeing. Jim is lucky to have such a great family.

Have a great day and we look forward to hearing from you again.
                              Donna B. HCM & ICD. 2 sons with HCM. Brother passed away from HCM at the age of 39. Mother has HCM.

Comment

Jim-What a Relief! For all of us who "Have been there" - the Worst is Over! You will get stronger every Day (it just doesn't always feel like it!) I',m now 10 Months Out & some days I don't even think of my Myectomy! Get Strong, Follow the Dr Orders & Keep Praying
                                BE WELL
                                RONNIE

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                                X