If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myectomy Canceled

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

mtlieb Find out more about mtlieb
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigger1
    replied
    Re: Myectomy Canceled

Great news on the surgery. I loved the cheesecake at the deli and the corn chowder at the bakery. That was one of the few things I felt like eating after my surgery.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Patrick Ekardt
    (Tigger1)

Leave a comment:

• Tigger1
    replied

Jim ... sorry to hear about your delay. I guess I was lucky. Everything went as planned. I got my myectomy, spent 11 days at Cleveland and now I'm home recovering. Things will work out for the good. Keep beliving and stay strong...

Tigger1
    Patrick Ekardt

Leave a comment:

• shirleymahoney
    replied

Jim

I 'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, but i know everything will be great, and i will keep you in my prayers as always

Shirley

Leave a comment:

• Laoshur
    replied

Dear Jim,

Great news!

I, and I am sure a host of others, will be praying for a successful surgery with a quick and easy recovery!

Rhoda

Leave a comment:

• mtlieb
    replied

Hi All,

Looks like everything's a go for tomorrow. Woo hoo!

I'll be reporting in at the hospital at 5:00 am, so the 'results' should be in pretty early in the day. I know Cousin Laura will do a good job letting you all know what's going on. I'm still not very nervous at all... but i'm sure it will hit me as they're wheeling me into the operating room screaming my bloody head off! LoL. Actually, i think i'm just so excited about having the surgery, i may end up keeping my cool throughout

Lisa, i left the phone number for the guesthouse with Kelly, so if ya wanna call and chat tonight (or anyone else for that matter) i'm in room 307. I can pretty much guarantee you i won't be sleeping at all. But hey, i have all day tomorrow to do that, right? I have the easy job here... all i have to do is lay on a table, fall asleep, and a couple seconds later (for me at least) it'll all be over.

Just think, by tomorrow night at this time i may already be out of ICU and on the road to recovery!

Thanks to everyone, you've all been great.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Lisa Salberg
    replied

Jim,
    Good luck .... you are in great hands. Call me if you need anything.

Lisa

Leave a comment:

• Dorothy
    replied

Jim, Will be thinking about you tomorrow; and hope all goes well. The team at The Cleveland Clinic is a great one. My myectomy was in Aug of 2000. Have had some ups and downs (like every HCM'er) along the road to recovery; but going strong, after finding what things I could push and things I couldn't.

Just keep thing "cheesecake" and I'll get the message! Take care and keep us posted.

Leave a comment:

• Pam Alexson
    replied

Or more cheese cake would do. I will be thinking about you tomorrow AM. I hope cousin Laura gets to that computer OK, We certainly all will be waiting. Thanks in advance to you cousin Laura! Have a very wonderfull restfull happy , happy day Jim. Thoughts and Prayers, Pam

Leave a comment:

• pmurphy
    replied

Jim,

all best wishes and good thoughts for you for your rescheduled myectomy. You're in great care there and we'll all be anxious to hear from you once you're feeling better. Now enjoy today and try to get over to Little Italy for a great pizza at Mama Santos or at least a doughnut at Presti's!

Paul

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie
    replied

Jim-

Go ahead 7 treat yourself to another slice of cheesecake on Saturday-trust me, you aren't going to be hungry for awhile! Not to mention the "healthful" benefits of eating cheesecake (which they may mention to you at Cleveland - @ Mayo I sat thru a Nutrition class)
    Be good to yourself this weekend, so you are all relaxed & in a Great state of mind for Monday.
    I know how you are feeling & I know what you are facing. I'll be Praying for you
    BE WELL

Leave a comment:

• Burton Borrok
    replied

Hahahahaha. Glen, you are a card. The only affairs I have like that any more is just sitting around trying to remember.

About all my ailments Ė I just listed the ones that were bugging me now. I checked my list and currently there are fourteen diagnoses posted, and I know I missed a couple here and there. If they donít make themselves known, I forget about them. They just get lost in the shuffle.

Take care. Iím looking forward to meeting you in August. Weíll all have some fun.
    Burt

Leave a comment:

• Laoshur
    replied

Jim,

I have been off the boards for several days due to too many things to do, so just found out what happened there in Cleveland. I will be praying that you will be much lighter after Monday having lost all the fluid and a big chunk of heart as well.

Rhoda

Leave a comment:

• LynnS
    replied

Hi Jim,

Wishing you the best for a good weekend and that the surgery goes forward on Monday!

Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Glen Beamish
    replied

Jim, good luck on Monday, lets hope it's a go this time.
    Burt, I hope you enjoy your affair on the week-end.
    After all the things you list as your ailments it's amazing your able to still have affairs. :P

Leave a comment:

• Burton Borrok
    replied

Hi Jim,
    Iím heading to LA tomorrow for an affair on Saturday. Iíll be staying with my daughter and son-in-law and the twins, so I may get a chance to get on the boards Sunday. Iíll be driving back home on Monday after lunch with a good friend.

Donít know for sure if, or how much, Iíll be able to get to a computer, so let me wish you good luck now. I really hope everything goes as smooth as that cheese cake you had. (Ye Gads, I havenít had cheesecake since 1985. The best was at Lindyís at Times Square.)

Whatever happens, Iíll be pulling for you.
    Burt

Leave a comment:

Working...
X