If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myectomy Canceled

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

mtlieb Find out more about mtlieb
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Myectomy Canceled

Hi All,

Looks like everything's a go for tomorrow. Woo hoo!

I'll be reporting in at the hospital at 5:00 am, so the 'results' should be in pretty early in the day. I know Cousin Laura will do a good job letting you all know what's going on. I'm still not very nervous at all... but i'm sure it will hit me as they're wheeling me into the operating room screaming my bloody head off! LoL. Actually, i think i'm just so excited about having the surgery, i may end up keeping my cool throughout

Lisa, i left the phone number for the guesthouse with Kelly, so if ya wanna call and chat tonight (or anyone else for that matter) i'm in room 307. I can pretty much guarantee you i won't be sleeping at all. But hey, i have all day tomorrow to do that, right? I have the easy job here... all i have to do is lay on a table, fall asleep, and a couple seconds later (for me at least) it'll all be over.

Just think, by tomorrow night at this time i may already be out of ICU and on the road to recovery!

Thanks to everyone, you've all been great.

Jim
    "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Dear Jim,

Great news!

I, and I am sure a host of others, will be praying for a successful surgery with a quick and easy recovery!

Rhoda

Comment

Jim

I 'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, but i know everything will be great, and i will keep you in my prayers as always

Shirley
        Diagnosed 2003
        Myectomy 2-23-2004
        Husband: Ken
        Son: John diagnosed 2004
        Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Jim ... sorry to hear about your delay. I guess I was lucky. Everything went as planned. I got my myectomy, spent 11 days at Cleveland and now I'm home recovering. Things will work out for the good. Keep beliving and stay strong...

Tigger1
          Patrick Ekardt
          " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Great news on the surgery. I loved the cheesecake at the deli and the corn chowder at the bakery. That was one of the few things I felt like eating after my surgery.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Patrick Ekardt
            (Tigger1)
            " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Working...
            X