If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myectomy Canceled

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

mtlieb Find out more about mtlieb
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Myectomy Canceled

Wow Jim-
    What a Bummer. I know you were all psched up for your Surgery. Since everything happens for a reason - there must be something else you're suppossed to do prior to your Surgery (besides see the Dentist). Like maybe: accumulate more reading material (for during recovery), accumulate more foods, in your house that are easy to prepare, high protein & cofort foods. Double check your suitcase-did you pack PJ Bottoms? You can always practice saying "A Back Rub would feel Wonderful"-so you can say this to your Nurse. Believe me, long about day 4-5, a backrub does feel Wonderful!
    Any way, you just bought a couple more days to "ponder" your situation-so THINK POSITIVE! Any questions, you knoiw we're all here to help
    GOOD LUCK
    BE WELL
    RONNIE

Comment

Thanks Ronnie,

I'm good to go... really. Just blowing off a little steam, but still very excited about the surgery! I've gotten quite a workout trudging all around the CCF campus these past few days, and i don't have to tell you folks what that's like for a water-logged HCM'er. I'm pooped! LOL. Dr. Lever put me back on the diuretics though and i'm already starting to feel better again. I was supposed to be on a greyhound bus headed back to PA today, but thank god i overslept and decided to stay an extra day. Looks like i might be having the myectomy on monday, but i don't want to jinx it and say it's definite. I'm going to chill in Cleveland for the weekend, keep my feet up, and watch lots of cable tv. Woo hoo!

Jim
      "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Hang in there Jim , I'll be thinking about you and waiting to hear. I'm going into the hospital tomorrow ( out patient) to get my NIPS done!( non-invasive programmed stimulation). Doesn't that sound dirty? It's to get the defibrilator tested and check the voltage on that bad lead of mine. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for Monday if it's a go. Pam
        Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
        Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
        Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
        SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
        [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
        Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
        Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
        Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Jim, Just to let you know while you're vegging out in Cleveland: The cheesecake at the Chicago Deli on the corner, is the best. Have made trips to Cleveland just to get a taste of the raspberry cheesecake. Of course, I had to go to the Clinic on those visits, too. What a drive just for cheesecake! It's about a nine-hour drive from Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, but worth every mouthful!!!

Praying everything goes well for you while you are there next week. Keep all of us informed as to your progress; or in your case, lack of..

Thinking about you.
          Dorothy

Diagnosed 1996, Myectomy Aug. 2000, 3 Radio-frequency ablations for a-fibs 2003-2005.

Comment

Dorothy,

I'm laughing here after reading your post. I have in fact just finished a slice of the Chicago Deli's strawberry cheesecake that i had purchased earlier today! I've been looking at those darn cheesecakes in the bakery case for several days now (they're a little pricey), but finally decided to cave in and treat myself to some today. You are soooo right... it was worth every penny! What a hoot that you happened to bring that up on the same day i finally gave into temptation.

Thanks for the nice post

Jim
            "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Hi Jim,
              Iím heading to LA tomorrow for an affair on Saturday. Iíll be staying with my daughter and son-in-law and the twins, so I may get a chance to get on the boards Sunday. Iíll be driving back home on Monday after lunch with a good friend.

Donít know for sure if, or how much, Iíll be able to get to a computer, so let me wish you good luck now. I really hope everything goes as smooth as that cheese cake you had. (Ye Gads, I havenít had cheesecake since 1985. The best was at Lindyís at Times Square.)

Whatever happens, Iíll be pulling for you.
              Burt

Comment

Jim, good luck on Monday, lets hope it's a go this time.
                Burt, I hope you enjoy your affair on the week-end.
                After all the things you list as your ailments it's amazing your able to still have affairs. :P
                Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
                So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
                Good luck and stay well.
                Glen

Comment

Hi Jim,

Wishing you the best for a good weekend and that the surgery goes forward on Monday!

Lynn
                  Lynn Stewart
                  HOCM 4/2002
                  Cleveland Myectomy Crew 8/2002

Comment

Jim,

I have been off the boards for several days due to too many things to do, so just found out what happened there in Cleveland. I will be praying that you will be much lighter after Monday having lost all the fluid and a big chunk of heart as well.

Rhoda

Comment

Hahahahaha. Glen, you are a card. The only affairs I have like that any more is just sitting around trying to remember.

About all my ailments Ė I just listed the ones that were bugging me now. I checked my list and currently there are fourteen diagnoses posted, and I know I missed a couple here and there. If they donít make themselves known, I forget about them. They just get lost in the shuffle.

Take care. Iím looking forward to meeting you in August. Weíll all have some fun.
                      Burt

Comment

Jim-

Go ahead 7 treat yourself to another slice of cheesecake on Saturday-trust me, you aren't going to be hungry for awhile! Not to mention the "healthful" benefits of eating cheesecake (which they may mention to you at Cleveland - @ Mayo I sat thru a Nutrition class)
                        Be good to yourself this weekend, so you are all relaxed & in a Great state of mind for Monday.
                        I know how you are feeling & I know what you are facing. I'll be Praying for you
                        BE WELL
                        RONNIE

Comment

Jim,

all best wishes and good thoughts for you for your rescheduled myectomy. You're in great care there and we'll all be anxious to hear from you once you're feeling better. Now enjoy today and try to get over to Little Italy for a great pizza at Mama Santos or at least a doughnut at Presti's!

Paul

Comment

Or more cheese cake would do. I will be thinking about you tomorrow AM. I hope cousin Laura gets to that computer OK, We certainly all will be waiting. Thanks in advance to you cousin Laura! Have a very wonderfull restfull happy , happy day Jim. Thoughts and Prayers, Pam
                            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Jim, Will be thinking about you tomorrow; and hope all goes well. The team at The Cleveland Clinic is a great one. My myectomy was in Aug of 2000. Have had some ups and downs (like every HCM'er) along the road to recovery; but going strong, after finding what things I could push and things I couldn't.

Just keep thing "cheesecake" and I'll get the message! Take care and keep us posted.
                              Dorothy

Diagnosed 1996, Myectomy Aug. 2000, 3 Radio-frequency ablations for a-fibs 2003-2005.

Comment

Jim,
                                Good luck .... you are in great hands. Call me if you need anything.

Lisa
                                Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                                YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                                lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                                Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                                Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                                Currently not obstructed
                                Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                                X