If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off to Cleveland...

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

mtlieb Find out more about mtlieb
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Off to Cleveland...

Jim, Best wishes, I'm so glad things are moving along for you. Welcome to Cousin Laura. Please keep us posted. You won't be at the NJ mtg, but we'll all be thinking about you. Linda

Comment

Dear All,

Thanks for being so welcoming. I spoke with Jim today and he sounds great! I'm so happy he's getting such good advice and treatment and what appears to be the gold standard in surgeons on the short term horizon.

I don't know what you're going through exactly, but have an occasionally debilitating chronic disease myself (chronic ulcerative colitis), so I do know the routine of endless MD visits, meds, side effects, family issues, etc.

Best to you all,
      Cousin Laura

Comment

Laura

Welcome to our site, Jim is lucky to have you for a cousin as we are lucky to have met up with Jim, as the saying goes things happen for a reason

Shirley
        Diagnosed 2003
        Myectomy 2-23-2004
        Husband: Ken
        Son: John diagnosed 2004
        Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Jim,
          I'm so glad that everything got straightened out! You can still keep a sense of humor! Love your post about the lasix I will be thinking and praying for you on June 3rd. take care...lots of hugs!!

Cynthia
          \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Jim , Best of luck to you as you go prepare on Monday for your myectomy on the 3rd. I know everything will be OK . Hang in there until we hear from you and how you are doing. Pam
            Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
            Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
            Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
            SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
            [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
            Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
            Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
            Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Jim, I just back from Cleveland wedsday, after having a septal myectomy. I Know you are having problems, but I can asure you that you are going to the best. I spent 11 days there and had the best care. I still have a long way to go, but I know I can do it. Be strong and have faith. I know thing will work out in the end...

tigger1
              Patrick Ekardt
              " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Hi Jim,
                I have been following your posts regarding all the problems with CHF you have been having. Just wanted to wish you a speedy and uneventful recovery from surgery. You are in my prayers. Good Luck!
                Joyce
                \"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.\"
                Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Jim...glad to hear of your good news. It's 15 days since my myectomy and I do feel better each day. Although you will have good hours and bad hours you will notice the change for the good. Laura, please keep us posted on his progress. I know Cleveland has a computer on the 10th floor that you can use. we will all be waiting to hear your good news...

Tigger1
                  " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                  X