If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stereotaxis and HCM

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dorothy
    replied
    Re: Stereotaxis and HCM

Stereotaxis

UI Heart Care offers innovative surgery system that uses magnet power.

See: http://www.uihealthcare.com/news/pac...ereotaxis.html

Or:

http://www.int-med.uiowa.edu/Divisio...Olshansky.html

Something to review and ask questions about. Wonder if it would work for a-fibs and/or a-flutters as well as the question about myectomies?

Are our HCM Centers involved with this research?

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Stereotaxis and HCM

Stereotaxis and HCM

On our local news here in St. Louis there was a story about Stereotaxis and HCM. I personally did not see the actual footage, but emailed the TV station for information. Below is what was emailed to me. Has anyone ever heard of this procedure? It was done at Barnes-Jewish here in St. Louis. Can this help someone who is not a candidate for a myectomy or an ablation? Are they performing this procedure elsewhere, maybe at Mayo? I will try to call the doctor's office for more information. See Email below:

The story on Stereotaxis has not posted on our website
    yet.
    The procedure uses computers and magnets to steer
    guidewires and catheters through the heart. It allows
    them to get into areas that are tough to reach except
    through open heart surgery.
    At this time, it is used mostly for irregular heart
    beats. They go in an zap the area of the heart causing
    the problem.
    The patient in my story was the first one with
    hypertrophic cardiomyopathy that was treated with
    stereotaxis. That was two months ago. He was able to
    get out of the hospital quickly and says he has less
    shortness of breath and feels a little better overall..
    but still has a ways to go.
    I did the story at Barnes-Jewish Hospital with Dr.
    Bruce Lindsay and Dr. Richard Bach. Their offices
    should be able to provide more information.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
X