If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myectomy Surgery

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Tigger1 Find out more about Tigger1
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myectomy Surgery

I just got home from 3 days of testing at the Cleveland Clinic. Lucky for me I only live 4 hours away by auto. I did get to meet with my surgeon, Dr. Gillinov. I feel much better about my up coming surgery tomorrow. The medical staff gets an A+ from me. One nurse knew of this association and mentioned Lisa by name. That helped alot. I will be leaving today at 1:00 pm to drive back up. I am to report in at 5:00 am tomorrow. I am still not worried. I guess that will come tomorrow morning. Wish me luck, and I will post again when I return home...

Patrick Ekardt
    ( Tigger1 )
    Cincinnati Ohio
    " Real Courage Is Being Scared To Death But Saddling-Up Anyway "

Re: Myectomy Surgery

Patrick,

We'll be praying and thinking about you! Please keep us updated as soon as possible. Do you have family who can get online to give us a report or who can call the office?

Rhoda

Comment

I can have my wife call the office. Do you have the number...

Comment

Good luck Pat,
        The office phone number is at the bottom of every page. 973-983-7429

If your wife can post, that would be great. If not, she can call the office and they will post the message for you.
        Burt

Comment

Thanks to all...

Comment

Pat,

I hope you remembered to pack your continuous tape player with the meditation tape in it. I found it to be a great tool when I wanted to really relax and rest. I had a couple of other tapes of music that I could change to in case the meditation tape wasn't doing the trick. Our prayers will be with you as you undergo your myectomy. I, too, found Cleveland an A+ facility. I only have a nine-hour drive to get there; four would seem like it was around the corner! Take care,
            Dorothy

Diagnosed 1996, Myectomy Aug. 2000, 3 Radio-frequency ablations for a-fibs 2003-2005.

Comment

Patrick, Best wishes and my thoughts and prayers will be with you . I will watch for your wife to post on your progress. Pam
              Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
              Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
              Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
              SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
              [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
              Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
              Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
              Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Patrick,

Best wishes for a successful myectomy at CCF! You are in the best of hands there and I know things will go wonderfully!

If your wife would prefer, she will be able to access public computer terminals there at CCF so she will be able to post to the HCMA website from the CICU and the regular patient floors as well. It's also nice because it is a good incentive for you to 'stroll' around the patient floors as you recover so you can get on the internet as well!

Take care,
                Lynn
                Lynn Stewart
                HOCM 4/2002
                Cleveland Myectomy Crew 8/2002

Comment

Best wishes! Linda

Comment

Patrick

Best wishes to you and your entire family

Shirley
                    Diagnosed 2003
                    Myectomy 2-23-2004
                    Husband: Ken
                    Son: John diagnosed 2004
                    Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Patrick,
                      you will be in my prayers....you will be in good hands.
                      \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Best wishes and I hope you have a swift recovery!

Be well,
                        Lisa
                        Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
                        YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
                        lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
                        Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
                        Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
                        Currently not obstructed
                        Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I lived. It's sunday May 23. Surgery was good, everything went as planned. I still am in the Hospital. Get to leave tomorrow. Will post when I get home. Thanks for all your prayers.

Tigger1
                          Pat Ekardt

Comment

Wonderful to hear, Pat!

Please keep us posted.

Rhoda

Comment

Great news Pat , I like many was waiting and wondering. Keep in touch and I hope all continues to go well. Pam
                              Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
                              Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
                              Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
                              SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
                              [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
                              Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
                              Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
                              Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X