If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ablation done on April 7th

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

TammyC I have 3 beautiful children who mean the absolute world to me. They are my life...... Find out more about TammyC
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ablation done on April 7th

Hi everyone
    Well, I did it! Had my alcohol septal ablation on the 7th. It was very scary for me. I was told I was going to be put to sleep and then they couldn't find the doctor so they went ahead but when they tried to give me pain meds my blood pressure went too low so basically for 3 and a half hours I was lying there scared out of my mind. I felt like someone was standing in front of me with a hard ball and whipping it at my chest 5 times. When the surgery was over my heart went into Afib for 5 days and finally went back into normal sinus/r. I had to take sooo much medication to prevent clots. I hated all those blood tests I had to take while on Coumadin (warfarin)!!! When I got home I was sooo scared my heart was going to go back into Afib but to this day I'm still ok (thank God). The doctor says it may have been a one time thing.......... (I soooo hope so). Other things went wrong to like my temporary pace maker falling out and them stiching it to my leg...Ouch! To make a long story short. I didn't have a very good experience but I do feel better now - a lot! If everything continues to go well then I guess it will have been worth it but for me it was a terrifying experience. This was just my experience. I would NEVER want anyone not to have an ablation because of my opinion! I was on the treadmill last night for 20 minutes and when it was done I was like - Wow that went by fast. Normally I checking the clock every two minutes wondering when it would be over....That's a good thing. Oh ya! I went shopping last weekend and walked for over 3 hours in the mall. I said to my daughter. Do you realize I haven't had to take a break? She said "Ya that's right". Bottom line there are many advantages to an ablation.
    Take care everyone. Sorry to go on so long!
    Tammy

Re: Ablation done on April 7th

Hi Tammy,
    For the life of me I can’t figure out why the doctor would make himself so hard to find before your procedure, why someone else would order a pain killer that drove your BP through the floor, or why they thought it was OK to scare the begeebers out of you. Thankfully the procedure was successful, and you’re again able to do things you wouldn’t think of doing before. Just for spite, why not get so healthy you only need to see the doctor on an annual bases?
    Burt

Comment

Tammy, I'm glad things are now going well for you. Isn't it amazing how many people are still alive and doing well in spite of the care they've endured! I guess the outcome is what's really important. Best wishes for continued improvement, please give us progress reports. Linda

Comment

Tammy,

I'm a little late catching up on my messages here, so I apologize for not seeing your post earlier. Sounds like you had quite a wild ride there, but i'm very happy to hear that all is well in the end! Hang in there, and take good care of yourself

Jim
        "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Hi Tammy, glad the outcome is positive despite what you had to endure.
          It's over now and sounds like your getting better all the time.
          Stay Well.
          Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
          So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
          Good luck and stay well.
          Glen

Comment

Big check-up tomorrow! My 6 weeks post procedure with Dr. Anna Woo. Wish me luck!
            Tammy

Comment

Good luck Tammy and I am glad all has gone well for you since the ablation. Pam
              Dx @ 47 with HOCM & HF:11/00
              Guidant ICD:Mar.01, Recalled/replaced:6/05 w/ Medtronic device
              Lead failure,replaced 12/06.
              SF lead recall:07,extracted leads and new device 2012
              [email protected] Tufts, Boston:10/5/03; age 50. ( [email protected] 240 mmHg ++)
              Paroxysmal A-Fib: 06-07,2010 controlled w/sotalol dosing
              Genetic mutation 4/09, mother(d), brother, son, gene+
              Mother of 3, grandma of 3:Tim,27,Sarah,33w/6 y/o old Sophia, 5 y/o Jack, Laura 34, w/ 5 y/o old Benjamin

Comment

Check-up went well. Dr. Woo said I'm doing better than expected. Yeh!!
                I'm off 2 more medications. 1 to go....
                Tammy

Comment

Hi Tammy
                  I am so glad to hear that your checkup went well. When there is good news, we all celebrate.....YES!! (Feel like partying...lol).
                  Take care and may God bless
                  Esther
                  Esther

Comment

Hi Angall
                    Thanks for the kind words.
                    Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Beamish
                      Hi Tammy, glad the outcome is positive despite what you had to endure.
                      It's over now and sounds like your getting better all the time.
                      Stay Well.
                      Thanks Glen! Could you tell me how you placed your avetar under your name. I forgot.
                      Tammy

Comment

Tammy, sorry, I can't remember either, I think it was more dumb luck than skill.
                        Reenie seems to be the expert at getting these things on her screen, why don't you ask her.
                        Glad your feeling better.
                        Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
                        So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
                        Good luck and stay well.
                        Glen

Comment

Tim Stewart
                          Contributor

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:02 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lynn Perry wrote:
                          Tim; I think adding the photograph was great!!

Thanks ... Anyone can add a photo. Just edit your profile by clicking the link above. At the very bottom of your profiles section, there is a place to add an "Avatar" (which is what the message board calls these little pictures). You can choose anything to be your avatar. Unfortunately, the image has to be located on another website. My image is located on my website (stewartweb.net). There are a number of public website which host generic images. If you have AOL Instant Messenger, for example, any of their icons can be used as avatars as well. Be creative! Have fun!

Thanks, Tim
                          Just search 'avatar' and up it pops.
                          Burt

Comment

Lisa,
                            Is it possible for the HCMA to open a website where we can all store our pictures for use as Avatars? Many of us do not have our own website, or access to one.

I think it would be great if we could see all the people who have become such friends to us.
                            Burt

Comment

Good idea, Burt
                              It is nice sharing thoughts with people, but when you can put a face to words, I think it has more meaning. But then they say, it's not what is outside that counts........which is very true, it's what comes from the heart. But, I am curious, too. This is just my opinion.

Esther
                              Esther

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                              X