If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myectomey - Done going home

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

behrang Find out more about behrang
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myectomey - Done going home

Hi everyone,

It was done so quickly that all of us were surprized. 3 hours actaul surgery time, 12 hours in ICU 9 under care of a fabilus lady that give the new meaning of Nurse. 2 nights in cardiac ward and I was told pack and go next moorning. Althoghether less than 96 hours (I was told this is a new record .=)). Right now I am using Hotels PC to inform you and tommarow will be back in Omah. For those of you who did not read my few e-mail. I am 58 years, Diagnosis 18 months ago. Had obstruction of 28- 60 mmhg.

Many thanks to Dr. Schaff and his skillfull and dedicated surgery and revovery team and everybody else that helped me in this process. Many Thanks, to Dr. Tajik, that encouraged me to go under myectomy, although for some my case was border-line

Thanks to Liza, Sara and everyone else that provide me with information and moral support. You guys are great.

BTW my first name is Masour, I used my middel son name as nick-name because I always questin people and some time make them offended.

Time to celebrate, just good food for now.

best wishes and respects.

Mansour Zand

Re: Myectomey - Done going home

Wow - congrats, sounds like everything went off like clock work, nice and smooth. I'm happy for you.

Wow is 28-60 a range from different tests? That's quite a range. I'm about a 5 or 6 which is puny. If 28-60 is borderline, what is the border number considered to be where a person might want to start thinking about such things?

I didn't understand most of the part about your nick or your name or how asking questions might offend anyone. Boy if that's true I ask a lot of questions too, if that gets you in the dog house, you'll have plenty of company. hehe

Rest easy and enjoy the good food,
    Deedee

Anyone that posts in forums other than this one, please feel free to create a link in your signatures with this blinkie so more people learn about HCMA!
    »-(¯`·.·´¯)-> HCMA LOVES YOUR HEART <-(¯`·.·´¯)-«
    Murmur detected in childhood (3rd gen, 3 clear siblings)
    Chronic dyspnea, dizziness & palpitations (21+)
    Echocardiogram showing 3X thicknesses 2000
    Cardiac CT 2009 no significant obstruction or plaque (Yay!)
    Cardiac MRI 2010 showing septal scarring (Boo!)
    Verapamil 280mg a day (metoprolol starved extremities)
    ICD MAR 2010 - Canadian Trials St. Jude FORTIFY

Comment

Those number were obsturction: 28 -resting and 60 under excertion Mansour[/code][/quote]

Comment

Sounds like you're doing great! Congrats on such a speedy recovery and being released early. Your docs sound like they're top notch, and that means everything. It's great to hear your good news, and i hope you continue on your path to a complete and full recovery from surgery uneventfully.
        "Some days you're the dog... some days you're the hydrant."

Comment

Mansour--What great news! And that a 58 year old would set a record for quick recovery is pretty heartening. Hope you continue to recover at a fast pace and enjoy your new capacities. Sue

Comment

Congratulations, I'm sure you will be feeling MUCH better soon. Where did you go to get your myectomy done. 3hrs in surgery is really fast. Best of luck to you, stay in touch and let us know how your recovery is going. Steve.

Comment

GREAT NEWS!!!!
              I am happy that things went so well - again I can not say how important it is to use centers with expreience in these procedures!

Let us know how your recovery is moving along!

Best wishes,
              lisa
              Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
              YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
              lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
              Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
              Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
              Currently not obstructed
              Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

congruculations!nice to hear all went perfect.waiting good news from you..

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                X