If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

husbands surgery complete

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

gabs Find out more about gabs
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• husbands surgery complete

Just wanted to say thanks to the people who post on this site with info and words of encouragement. My husband had a myectomy on Oct. 15, and we had some idea of what to expect from reading old postings. The surgery went very well, he is at home now recuperating.

Re: husbands surgery complete

I'm so glad to hear that things went well for your husband!! We look forward to hearing more great things about his recuperation!

All the best,
    Lynn
    Lynn Stewart
    HOCM 4/2002
    Cleveland Myectomy Crew 8/2002

Comment

It is always good to hear that people are on the road to recovery! Send our thoughts, best wishes and hugs(when he is ready for them )

Be well,
      Lisa
      Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
      YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
      lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
      Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
      Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
      Currently not obstructed
      Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I'm glad your husband is finished with the operation. I'm also glad that we were able to help him with some of the unknown before the procedure. Here's hoping he's up and dancing before long.

Reenie
        Reenie

Husband has HCM.
        3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

We went for a walk to the end of our street today. I would never have thought we'd be doing this already. He really is doing very well. The only real problem he is having is sleeping at night. Thanks for all of your kind words.

Comment

It is common to have difficulty sleeping post procedure. Talk to the doctors some meds may help.

The walk sounds like a GREAT start keep up the great work (both of you!)

Be well,
            Lisa
            Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
            YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
            lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
            Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
            Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
            Currently not obstructed
            Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Hi Gabs, that's great news, glad he's getting better so quick.
              Did they do the surgery in Toronto? Who was the surgeon?
              Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
              So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
              Good luck and stay well.
              Glen

Comment

hi! Yes his surgery was done in Toronto. He was on the waiting list but we had an appointment with his surgeon Dr. Ralph Edwards and he was re-listed as urgent. This meant he had the surgery within two weeks. I cannot say enough good things about his surgeon and the nursing staff at Toronto general. Dr. Wigle came to visit everyday and seemed pleased with his progress. My concern right now is with the fluid that he still has in his lungs. We're hoping this will clear up soon . Thanks for all of your kind words.

Comment

I don't know if the fluid is normal, maybe someone with the same experience here can tell you.
                  Other than that it looks like the experience went well.
                  I wish him well with the rest of his recovery.
                  Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
                  So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
                  Good luck and stay well.
                  Glen

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                  X