If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Septal Ablation at Johns Hopkins?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Ralph I love my family. We have between us 4 great children and they have 9 great children. My passion is flyfishing. I am lucky to live within 5 miles of a great trout river, the Chattahoocee in Georgia. Find out more about Ralph
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Septal Ablation at Johns Hopkins?

Has anyone here has a Septal Ablation at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore? I would like to hear if anyone has and what the results were.

Ralph

Re: Septal Ablation at Johns Hopkins?

Dear Ralph,

I recommend using the search function (link is above, to the right of FAQs) to look up all the ablation posts (there are a LOT).

I don't recall anyone specifically discussing that hospital, but you can search for it, too.

S

Comment

I am set up to have one with dr cameron july 7 and i know there are two other people on this site who have had one. Megan just had hers about a week ago and 2008 for the other.

Comment

Ralph I don't know how old you are or if you have other medical problems, but the gold standard is the Myectomy, I would call and talk with someone in the office of the HCMA for advise.

Shirley
        Diagnosed 2003
        Myectomy 2-23-2004
        Husband: Ken
        Son: John diagnosed 2004
        Daughter: Janet (free of HCM)

Grandchildren: Drew 15,Aaron 13,Karen 9,Connor 9

Comment

Ralph's post is from 2003. Trishab, I wish you luck.
          Reenie

Husband has HCM.
          3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Trishab - I think you've posted elsewhere that you are having a myectomy.

Best wishes with this - you are in great hands with Dr Cameron
            Linda

Comment

Megan had a myectomy at Hopkins; not an ablation.
              Vicki

myectomy 7/08 @ Hopkins

Comment

Working...
              X