If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update: I had my myectomy last Wed. 7/23/03 in Cleveland

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Linda S Find out more about Linda S
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: I had my myectomy last Wed. 7/23/03 in Cleveland

Hi, I just wanted to let everyone know that I had my myectomy last Wednesday 7/23/03 performed by Dr. Bruce Lytle at the Cleveland Clinic. I was discharged on Monday from the hospital, and I'm home now and feel great. Everything went well, and I can't believe how good I feel so fast. The Cleveland Clinic is a wonderful place, and I loved all the nurses and doctors.
    Linda S
    Linda S

Re: Update: I had my myectomy last Wed. 7/23/03 in Cleveland

Great news, Linda!

Glad to hear everything went well and I pray you have a speedy recovery!

Sharon

Comment

Dear Linda,

This is wonderful news that you are home and already feeling better!! I'm so happy for you and will keep you in my thoughts as you continue to recover. The staff at CCF are absolutely top notch!!

All the best,
      Lynn
      Lynn Stewart
      HOCM 4/2002
      Cleveland Myectomy Crew 8/2002

Comment

I'm glad you're doing so well! Remember to rest a lot and I'm sure that you'll get stronger every day.

Reenie
        Reenie

Husband has HCM.
        3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Great news!
          OK I will admit this posting brought tears to my eyes...happy one... it is alway so nice to hear when one of us has had a success.
          Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
          Lisa
          Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
          YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
          lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
          Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
          Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
          Currently not obstructed
          Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

I can't even begin to thank all of you and express how your support and knowledge has helped me both before and through this procedure. Lisa, you should be very proud of all your hard work. I can't imagine going through this without this website, the meeting in June and all the nice people who emailed me and spoke to me on the phone. I knew what to expect and I felt so connected to people who have experienced the same thing as I was going through. You will all have a special place in my now "smaller" heart.
            Thank you again,
            Linda S
            Linda S

Comment

You are very welcome Linda!! That is what the HCMA is all about...being there for each other..on good days and the harder ones too.
              We all share a special bond...one that very few can understand. For those who are "new" to this "world" it takes time to adjust, learn and begin living again. Stories like yours prove how important the HCMA is and how much PEOPLE DO CARE in a world that seems so harsh and cruel at times.
              I wish you nothing but smooth sailing during your recovery. But if perhaps there is a bump in the road...well you know we are all here for that too!
              Be well,
              Lisa Salberg
              Very Proud President of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association
              Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
              YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
              lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
              Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
              Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
              Currently not obstructed
              Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Lisa, I have a question - Should I follow-up now with Dr. Lytle and Dr. Garcia in Cleveland? Or is it okay to see my local cardiologist?
                Linda S
                Linda S

Comment

Linda,

This is just wonderful! I'm glad you're doing so well.

Elizabeth

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                  X