If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a Status Page for family to see my progress?

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Linda S Find out more about Linda S
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a Status Page for family to see my progress?

Lynn mentioned that I should set up a Status Page for family and friends to see my progress while having my myectomy. Could someone tell me what this is all about. I never heard of it. Is it on this website? Or where. And how do you set it up and how do family and friends find it. Who puts in my progress? Any help would be appreciated. I leave this Monday, July 21 for Cleveland to have my myectomy so I don't have much time to get this started. Thanks,
    Linda S
    Linda S

Re: What is a Status Page for family to see my progress?

TheStatus.com
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Hi Linda!

Thestatus.com page is a great way to keep family/friends updated on your progress and to receive messages from them without having the phone ringing constantly while you are in Cleveland. Reenie is correct that you can go directly to www.thestatus.com web page to build your page for family and friends. It's quick, free and very helpful. If you want to though, you can first go through the Cleveland Clinic website to get to it and it seems like you will not have as many ads listed with it if you do it that way but I could be wrong. Here is the link for that page which includes a description of it and a link to the page for building it: http://www.clevelandclinic.org/heart...tatus/more.htm

When you are in CICU there is a computer in the waiting room for your supporting family & friends to use to update the webpage. Additionally, once you reach your regular room you will find computers on every patient floor so that you (or someone with you) may update the page and allow you to see the messages posted by those visiting your page. (If you like, be sure to let the board know how to log into it so we can also follow your progress and leave you messages!).

Finally, did you see that Cleveland Clinic tops the list once again for the heart center? "For the 9th year in a row, U.S. News & World Report says the nation’s busiest heart center is also the nation’s best. The Cleveland Clinic Heart Center tops the magazine’s 2003 list of best heart and heart surgery hospitals." To check out the whole article go to: http://www.clevelandclinic.org/newsl...+Story&id=1689.

All the very best - you will be in the very best care!!
      Lynn
      Lynn Stewart
      HOCM 4/2002
      Cleveland Myectomy Crew 8/2002

Comment

When you are in CICU there is a computer in the waiting room for your supporting family & friends to use to update the webpage. Additionally, once you reach your regular room you will find computers on every patient floor so that you (or someone with you) may update the page and allow you to see the messages posted by those visiting your page. (If you like, be sure to let the board know how to log into it so we can also follow your progress and leave you messages!).
        For those who are more internet and techno-savvy ....
        You can even access the Status Page from the informational kiosks in the lobby of the Cleveland Clinic! By navagating through the maze of screens on these terminals, you should be able to locate the Cleveland Clinic Heart Center's web page. From that page you can gain access to the Status Page to make updates. When you set up your status page, you have the option of placing links on your personal page. If you choose to place the 4HCM.ORG site on your list of favorite destinations, then you will be able to log in and make posts to this message board from these kiosks in the lobby. While this may not be something that you personally will be doing during your stay, it certainly gives your loved ones something to do during the waiting and the recovery period.

All the best!
        Thanks, Tim
        Forum Administrator

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
        X