If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Septal Alcohol Ablation

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Robbie Find out more about Robbie
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello
    All this talk about Toronto, and Dr. Wigle...WOW!!!!
    When I had my ablation done in 2000 I beleive that I was number 13. I know that during that year they had many ablations planned. Just from personal expereice, the staff and doctors at Toronto gereral are very knowledgeable in HCM. I was very confident in all of the doctors and surgeons there. We are lucky to have such a place in Canada.

With all this cold that we have been having here camping in Algonquin sounds great.

Take Care
    Tara
    Tara -alcohol ablation 2000, myectomy 2000

Comment

Hi Tara, nice to hear from other Canadians, what area of Toronto do you live, I live in Whitby.
      Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
      So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
      Good luck and stay well.
      Glen

Comment

Hi
        I grew up in Muskoka, went to public school and high school there. My family still lives up there. Right now I am living in downtown Toronto going to the University of Toronto. I just moved to Toronto in Sept up until than I was living in British Columbia. Moving to downtown Toronto was a little scarey for me at first being from such a small northren Onterio town but its going well for me. I must admit it did take alittle getting usded to.
        Tara -alcohol ablation 2000, myectomy 2000

Comment

Septal Ablation

Hi Lisa! It's been a long time since I've been on this website - wow, what a change! I'm guilty of not taking the time to read this lately - busy with a new job and all. Anyway, just wanted to add some comments. Russ had his septal ablation a year ago, and unfortunately, his symptoms are coming back big time! We go to UCSF February 5th and see Dr. Chatterjee. Very interested in hearing what he has to say. His ICD doctor in Reno has raised his meds back up but so far, it hasn't done much except make him more tired than usual. I will write again and let you know the outcome of the doctors appointment.

Comment

Hi Jan - send my best to Russ. sorry to hear that his symptoms are returning.... let us know how he is doing in the future.
            Lisa
            Knowledge is power ... Stay informed!
            YOU can make a difference - all you have to do is try!

Dx age 12 current age 46 and counting!
            lost: 5 family members to HCM (SCD, Stroke, CHF)
            Others diagnosed living with HCM (or gene +) include - daughter, niece, nephew, cousin, sister and many many friends!
            Therapy - ICD (implanted 97, 01, 04 and 11, medication
            Currently not obstructed
            Complications - unnecessary pacemaker and stroke (unrelated to each other)

Comment

Tara, we used to spend a lot of time in Muskoka at Arrow Head Provincial Park, Huntsville and Hidden Valley.
              Love the area, I now have a place in Haliburton, so we don't get over there that often anymore.
              Every great thing that has ever happened since the beginning of time has started as a single thought in someones mind.
              So if you are capable of thought then you are capable of great things
              Good luck and stay well.
              Glen

Comment

I to must add my praise of Dr. Wigle. Although I didn't have ablation, he did my myectomy in 1987. At this time it was a fairly new surgery with under 100 done. He was assisted with the surgery by a Dr. William's I believe from the children's hospital. I found both of the doctors very caring. And just last year I was contacted by Dr. Woo with reguards to the paper that Dr. Wigle is doing. I just wish there were doctors who knew as much as him in Nova Scotia.
                Life is too short to worry about the trival things in life, So live life to the fullest.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                X