If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have had the following procedure...

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Lisa Salberg Find out more about Lisa Salberg
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I have had the following procedure...

Hi Todd,
    Welcome to the board!

When you get a chance, please go to the "Hello! My name is . . ." forum and introduce yourself there; you'll get many more responses.

And a special welcome to another person from Tampa!

Gordon
    Myectomy on Feb. 5, 2007.

Comment

Well, just starting here tonight.
      I was told today that the Myectomy is my best route and will be going in for it in the next few months.

Comment

Welcome J,
        Please come and introduce yourself in the "Hello, my name is" There is a lot of good information and support here....Hope you are connected with a Center of Excellence.....very important especially if looking toward surgery.
        After years of symptoms:
        Officially Diagnosed HOCM 2006
        Myectomy 3/11/13 at non-COE
        Extended Myectomy 7/23/14
        At Mayo with Dr. Joseph Dearani

Comment

I am a month out of having my extended septal myectomy on Nov 8th 2016. I feel good just wish the scabs would fall off my drainage tube sights. I had the procedure done at the mayo clinic in Minnesota. Waiting to start my cardiac rehab. The scariest part of the whole ordeal was the 2 nights of afib.

Comment

I have had an extended septal myectomy on Nov 8, 2016 at the mayo clinic in minnesota. My recovery is goung well. Getting stronger every day. I have an icd placed, i have had chf 3 times and 4 strokes i have 4 stents in place. Also have copd. But I do feel different after the surgery. Looking forward to starting my cardiac rehab.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
            X