If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florinef

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

Toogoofy317 non-obstructed hcm, AICD 11-01-02 and 10-6-05 Find out more about Toogoofy317
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florinef

Anyone have any experience with this med. When I was in the hospital last week they started me on it to help my blood pressure (hypotensive). But, I'm still feeling miserable. My feet and legs are now swollen which even in CHF I've never had the feet and leg swelling. My lungs are congested, I can't lay at all, when I try to I'm up every hour struggling to breath even with the 02 on at night. I'm also having severe muscle cramps and fatigue. Is this ever going to end?

Any help would be appreciated!

Mary S.

I don't have any experience with that drug. I do hope you feel better really soon!

Reenie
    Reenie

Husband has HCM.
    3 kids - ages 23, 21, & 19. All presently clear of HCM.

Comment

Wtf?

M

I looked up Florinef and this first link is a good all around resource on the drug:
      http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/fludro_ids.html

This link says that it should NOT be used in patients with CHF:
      http://home.intekom.com/pharm/bm_squib/florinef.html

In fact, I can't see anything in the info on this drug to explain why it would be prescribed for blood pressure, but maybe I'm missing something.

S[/url]

Comment

Sarah,

One of the side-effects of florinef is increased blood pressure so it is used for that. I talked to my cardiologist about it. I have put on 10lbs of fluid weight because of it. Unfortunately, she told me that she was willing to accept the CHF if it kept me from passing out! She did cut it back to twice a day but if I get dizzy I am to promptly increase it back. She also informed me that I was taking it wrong which may be causing so many of the symptoms. If I take it four hours before laying down the CHF when lying should not be so bad. I don't know to me any CHF is bad! I can definately tell the extra fluid is there.

I have a call in to Maron to see if he has any input. I'm growing very weary of all of this. Let's take one med to combat the side-effects of another. I feel like just stopping all of the medicine and just see what happens.

Mary S.

Comment

the grind

i'm sorry they just keep dumping drugs on you. hopefully maron will have some insight.

i know you well enough to know you aren't going to go cold turkey on all your meds. we all feel that way from time to time.

hang in there. medical breakthroughs are happening all the time.

s

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
          X