If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

verapamil dose this morning

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

cynthiaG Find out more about cynthiaG
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• verapamil dose this morning

I took my verapamil when I first woke up this morning as I like to take it at the same time and slept late. Anyway, I take 360 mg. each morning. They are 240 mg. pills and I take one and a half. I took the one and can't remember if I took the other half . I put all of my pills for the week in my pill boxes every Sunday a.m. I had a pill cut in half and half may have been in the bottle already cut up..confused already?? It boils down to, will it do any harm if I didn't take the half of pilll and just continue tomorrow taking my regular dose? I figured it's better to be a little underdosed as opposed to being overdosed.
    \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: verapamil dose this morning

Hi Cynthia,
    I used to take 360 mg of verapamil in the same manner you do. Now with fine tuning, I had dropped down to just the 240mg pill, and last Tuesday I went back to the pill and a half 360 mg dosage. The only difference I noticed was a slight change in my blood pressure – over time. These are time release tablets, so the level in the blood changes slowly.

Missing 120 mg out of 360 for one day will probably go completely unnoticed, and I wouldn’t be concerned about it. Of course taking the same dose at the same time every day is ideal, variations do happen from time to time – if you are human. If you indeed took only 240 mg today and will be taking 360 mg for sure tomorrow any variation to your blood pressure, as I said, will probably go completely unnoticed.
    Burt.

Comment

Re: verapamil dose this morning

thanks Burt...that's what I thought. I know if I called my doctor he would most likely say the same thing...I just didnt want to take too much
      \"It is not length of life, but depth of life.\"

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
      X