If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ in HCMA Announcements. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. Your Participation in this message board is strictly voluntary. Information and comments on the message board do not necessarily reflect the feelings, opinions, or positions of the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association. At no time should participants to this board substitute information within for individual medical advice. The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Association shall not be liable for any information provided herein. All participants in this board should conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner. Failure to do so will result in suspension or termination. The moderators of the message board working with the HCMA will be responsible for notifying participants if they have violated the rules of conduct for the board. Moderators or HCMA staff may edit any post to ensure it conforms with the rules of the board or may delete it. This community is welcoming to all those with HCM we ask that you remember each user comes to the board with information and a point of view that may differ from that which you hold, respect is critical, please post respectfully. Thank you

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone on zestril

Collapse

About the Author

Collapse

dreamcatchinglady Find out more about dreamcatchinglady
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone on zestril

Hi everyone It's Kimberly. now I have a dilemma with a medicine on the 18th some doctors put me on Zestril and stopped my verapamil. I have a history of migraine headaches but since I've started taking the zestril I seem to have had a consant headache every day. Is anyone else on Zestril and had any bad side effects to it? Thanks for your input as always.

Sincerely,
    Kimberly K. Plaster

Re: anyone on zestril

Hi Kimberly
    I am on Zestril (along with 10 other meds) and have no side affects. Maybe your body has to adjust to it? It wouldn't hurt to call your dr. with your concern. Not all people react the same to meds. I hope you headaches subside.
    Take care
    Esther

Comment

Hi Kimberly and Esther,
      I used to be on zestril but was taken off it as soon as I was diagnosed with HCM. It is an ACE inhibitor and usually contra-indicated for us folk. Of course there are special circumstances for everything. I just wanted to alert you to the fact that it just might not be for you.
      Burt

Comment

Hi, all,

Bert, these ladies are on Zestril because their HCM has advanced to a place where their heart beats must be strengthened. So for them Zestril is good because it stimulates the weakened heart. I was also on Zestril and taken off it, so that is a good thing for us, but the opposite for them.

Kimberly, it has been several years since I started taking Zestril, but I seem to recall the headache as well, and it is a well-known side effect. However, the good news is that the headache is supposed to go away after your body adjusts to it, so hang on! If it does not, talk with your doctor about whether there is a different ACE inhibitor that would work better for you.

Rhoda

Comment

Hi Rhonda
          Phew!! I was beginning to wonder if I should call my cardiologist and question her about the reason for me being on it. I have full confidence in her, but doctors do have a lot of patients and I was afraid she was getting confused.
          Anyway, thank you Burt and Rhonda for replying to Rhonda's post, I learned something new.
          What a great group
          Esther

Comment

Ooops, Kimberly's post. See how excited I was!! lol

Thanks again
            Esther

Comment

Hi Rhoda,
              Thanks for pointing that out for the nice ladies. I did say there were special circumstances for everything, but I did kind-a leave them hanging. I appreciate you filling in the spaces for everybody – myself included.
              - - - - - - -
              So, you just must be about - packing up your cares and woe, here we go, swinging low, Bye-bye Beijing. Flying to the USA, in a day, far away, Bye-bye Beijing. Where somebody waits for me, ICD, implant see, bye-bye Beijing.

No one here can know or understand me,
              but oh! what hard luck stories they all hand me.

Chinese drugs don’t work on me, can’t you see, it must be, Bye-bye Beijing.
              I’ll be back next fall I hope, more able to cope, just pull my rope, Hello Beijing.
              - - - - - - -
              Have a safe, comfortable trip, a textbook procedure, and a remarkable recovery. We all love you.
              Burt

Comment

Thanks, Burt, for the great song! I don't think I ever had anyone write one for me before.

Actually, although we will leave in less than a week, it does not seem real yet, because all I do every day is grade papers and check the internet to make sure the students did not plagiarize. I get on this site a couple of times a day just to check, but most of the time I just work.

I wish that it were absolutely clear to me what was going to happen when we get there, but I did finally hear from the doctor's assistant after six weeks of waiting. Apparently Dr. Gilligan still wants to do the EP exam, but says he will discuss it with me when I see him a week from Tuesday. Whatever they (and I) decide to do, it will be done starting July 13. They said I would be in the hospital for at least two days, so it is still a mystery about what they plan for me for that length of time. But in a little over a week, it should get clearer. I am also very eager to hear why Dr. Gilligan did not really want me to come back this fall.

The university here has been very kind. They had me sign a contract for fall so I could get a visa to come back, but I don't have to teach unless I am able to return and want to. We paid for it, but they sponsored me for a multiple entry visa so I can come and go for a year whenever I need to. They are going to hold a couple of professors classes (where I teach professors professional English) just for me until the end of September in case I can come back by then. So, I won't teach in my field next fall, but I may still get to teach some classes.

Thanks to everyone for all your encouragement!

Rhoda

Comment

Rhoda,
                  Writing the new words to Bye-bye Blackbird was simple, even though I did manage to get it off key. (Tone deaf in one ear and blind in the other. Can’t see a thing through my left ear.) Anyway, I do hope you will give us a blow by blow as you go through the testing and procedures – and don’t forget recovery either.

I suspect that Dr. Gilligan would want you close by in the fall because in the event the device needs adjusting, it would be rather inconvenient for you to stop by his office living in Beijing. You will have that multi-entry visa though, and planes do fly - - - I guess the other end of the world is not all that far away anymore – and home is where the hubby is.

That was very nice of the university, but then truly dedicated teachers are hard to find, especially with the credentials you and your husband carry, - and your students obviously love you as much as we do, so it makes sense after all. We are working toward strengthening a bond of friendship between America and China, and you’re no small piece of that effort either. Everyone you teach and touch remembers you as the American – and you’re teaching the intelligentsia of China - You do us proud.

So, good luck and G-d speed,
                  Burt

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Working...
                  X